Recent content by smallwonder

1. S

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

Let me clarify if I may, or better yet ask another question. Would a speaker sound the same if they measure exactly alike or do other variables such as materials used come into play. Type of amplifier etcetera. The last example is more than likely a stretch. My original musings were not...
  2. S

From the arguments from science-minded audio enthusiasts I would say the ones that are highly rated here, and measure as fat across their entire frequency capabilities. The question I proposed was simply a thought exercise. I am attempting to get towards a consensus or perhaps find out where our...
  3. S

Thank you for your kind words. You accurately described what I proposed. I know a speaker that plot for plot measures exactly the same will sound the same in theory. The do measure closely enough is what I was after and what a great discussion with many valid varying viewpoints.
  4. S

Coming from the classical realm, I have even watched some symphonies score a given film. Mixing and mastering a movie is one thing. How it is consumed in a home theater is another. When I say home theater consumers prioritize it less, I am referring to what is discussed amongst them versus a two...
  5. S

This could be anecdotal on my part. My exercise is theoretical, and I am trying to understand more of the psychology behind the subjective analysis side. I come from an analytical background so this thought experiment is especially interesting to me.
  6. S

This hypothetical has everything essentially equal in regards to size... This might be my bias, however I do not hear it discussed as much in those circles. Receiver inputs and outputs, cable management, projectors, center channels, and how big your surround set up is seem to take priority.
  7. S

I have spent the better part of this week trying to understand shopping for speakers. I come from a home theater background and there accuracy is less important...I think. Here measurements trump everything. Why would I need to even listen to a pair of speakers if they measure flat? All other...
Top Bottom