Recent content by skippy_ps

1. S

What is it about McIntosh?

Okay looking, I guess, but how do they sound? Murray
  2. S

Seems this subforum, among other things, is the place for 'new member' Introductions, so...

Lol. I remember my favorite day when I was in the U.S. Army. I was in Oakland at the time and was being discharged that day. :cool: Cab to SFO and back home to TX.
  3. S

That first one with the crt looks like a 3RP1 which was used in the early Mc Performance Indicators like the MI-3.
  4. S

I thought McIntosh reissued that round analog clock maybe 10 or 15 years ago. A quick 'net search doesn't turn up anything though. I liked that one but not the meter one. Just personal preference.
  5. S

You're braver than me to post that pic. When I did the google "Mcintosh clock", that meter clock thing popped up and I then remembered it. What were they thinking. :oops:
  6. S

Lol, I have the same ones hooked up the the ht receiver although mine are 12 gauge - those look like 10 from here.
  7. S

Looks like Bluejeanscable speaker wire with locking bananas.
  8. S

The meters on the newer gear are practicing social distancing? I never really paid much attention to the wide spaced meters on the current amps (and on some preamps) but you're right, it makes a lot more sense to stick them next to each other. Although I rarely use it, the headphone jack can...
  9. S

Lol, I got a chuckle reading some of the comments here. MC-2105, manufactured around 1971 or so. Bought it about 15 years ago and had it partially recapped and tested by Terry DeWick in Knoxville. 105 wpc and yes, it has autoformers. Later I recapped the driver boards, recapped the power...
Top Bottom