Recent content by Skippy2000

1. S

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Still learning about audio and seem to miss very critical information along the way :facepalm:. Active vs passive speakers now makes a world of sense, thank you. I've seen the Topping E30 in person before, and they note it as having an "OLED" display for the amber colours, and I'm familiar with...
  2. S

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

I've got a few questions for those of you who own the ex5. I'm tossing up between this and the mx5, as the mx5 is the same price where I am. This is where I'm at: 1. The ex5 has RCA outputs (benefit for myself) and slightly better specs on paper (kHz, DSD, THD etc.) 2. The mx5 is slightly...
  3. S

Topping MX5, A new device?

Okay, interesting. I see what you mean around the speaker output section and hadn't researched far enough into it. The ex5 seems like a more sensible decision to make. One further question - how would the ex5 compare to say the E30/L30? Obviously the x5 has a number of extra features such as...
  4. S

Topping MX5, A new device?

Quick question - I've been considering either the Topping ex5 or mx5, and have narrowed it down for a few reasons: 1. The ex5 has RCA outputs (benefit for myself) and slightly better specs on paper (kHz, DSD, THD etc.) 2. The mx5 is slightly newer, looks more attractive, has more features like...
Top Bottom