Recent content by Skies

1. Skies

Has anyone tried the Moondrop Aria?

@Florian_T hi. I don't have the Starfields with me anymore, but from memory the Aryas gave me the impression of a slightly better transient response and speed. Can you confirm or deny since you have both available for direct comparison?
  2. Skies

Has anyone tried the Moondrop Aria?

I agree with @JohnYang1997 . It's definitely the most natural, and i am pretty sure that it's the fastest as well. The driver gives me beryllium vibes in the bass region, even though it's not. All in all, it's probably the second best iem you can get at around this price (er2xr is still better)...
  3. Skies

Cheap (€30) IEM recommendations

The Blon BL-03 is unusable with the included tips. If you get some good replacement tips that can achieve a seal though, they are easier to wear for prolonged times than all Tinhifi T series models. If they pop outside your ears, try them with sony hybrids, this should take care of that pop. I...
  4. Skies

HD58X frequency response investigation

The same felt mod SoldierDude has on his pair. It gets rid of that midbass hump.
  5. Skies

I've always found RTINGS bass compensation excessive. In fact, i think that the midbass hump of the HD58X out of the box is its only real weakness. I was lucky enough to get my pair modded by @solderdude six months ago, and frankly, i don't feel the need to buy, or even try another headphone...
  6. Skies

The serial number of my pair is 027165. @thomasjast if you don't hear the treble as recessed, and you can hear a bump in midbass, you know you don't have an outlier. Besides, even if you did get one, the cost of that recessed treble also comes with the benefit of a flatter midrange. I wouldn't...
  7. Skies

No need to thank me, i was as curious as the rest of you about possible changes. Besides, it was all @solderdude's work, i just provided him with a sample. Anyway, this should help clear the air concerning the sound and build quality of newer batches.
Top Bottom