Recent content by SivKiv

1. S

DIY Omni Dodecahedron Speaker

I'd love to see results of the tweeter ball+woofer combo, could be a somewhat simple but neat Omni speaker. I do wonder though, how loud does you current design get at a meter before the speaker has THD at roughly 3% throughout most of the frequency response?
  2. S

DIY Omni Dodecahedron Speaker

@Naughtius This is probably way way too late, but have you considered those BMR drivers by the likes of Tectonic and Cotswold? Seems like a pretty decent driver that can go pretty wideband, but, I don't know if they'd be much better in the low frequency response, if at all. Although, as...
  3. S

Edifier MR4 measurements (It's probably been upgraded.)

Oh it's a stereo measurement. Well, I was wondering if you could gate the response if you had done a single speaker on axis measurement instead, would give a good idea of the speaker's stock FR. There's an explanation done somewhere on ASR about how gating works, I'll see if I can find it.
  4. S

PreSonus E5 XT Active Speaker Review

The thing about the Presonus is that it's one big flaw is easily fixable on the user end, that being through EQ. So honestly, imo at least, this could actually stand toe to toe with some of the popular offerings, if not surpass them, but it's as long as you're willing to EQ the set.
  5. S

PreSonus E5 XT Active Speaker Review

After taking a good look at the measurements again, the Presonus seems to nail directivity pretty well(even compared to options like the LP6 and 305P MKII), and THD is also not far off from either two speakers. The only real problem with this monitor looks to lie in the on axis FR, which is very...
  6. S

Edifier MR4 measurements (It's probably been upgraded.)

So So it seems like how hissy it is depends speaker to speaker, guess QC isn't that great for this. Can't really fault it for this price though.
  7. S

Speaker designs using Purifi drivers

I'm curious too, the 3 inch 4 ohm model especially looks interesting. Although yeah, I'd also like to see off axis curves too
  8. S

Monolith by Monoprice THX Certified Satellite Speakers (review by Erin)

Yeah, that could work. But ideally the cabinet wouldn't have such sharp edges to minimise diffraction though. Plus, I believe a ported cabinet would be more ideal to get lower while putting less strain on the woofer itself.
  9. S

Yeah, the driver(s) seems to be having pretty big issues in terms of THD. But I'd say it's a compromise that is likely required to have a coax midrange driver with a small surround while remaining cheap at the same time. I mean hey, if Monolith manages to improve on the Coax's HD performance...
  10. S

It doesn't really seem like the driver should be used as a woofer honestly, the driver surrounds seems to be small to minimise any diffraction, which is only a sensible compromise if used as a midrange. I'd expect big improvements if it only has to play at the range most midrange drivers are...
  11. S

I'm just curious about what if they implemented this driver in a 3 way design with better crossovers haha(see KEF R3's for example)
  12. S

Kali Audio IN-UNF Ultra-Nearfield Studio Monitor Review (by ErinsAudioCorner)

Spin doesn't look great, but seems to be more of a limitation of the Klippel system rather than the speakers themselves. Distortion looks good though. If it's anything like the rest of the speakers in the Independence line up however, it would be a fantastic speaker for what it is, just wonder...
  13. S

M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Review

Those seem to be a new generation of the BX8, likely a replacement, which would explain the discontinuation. Might wanna consider picking a pair up then. Edit: A close look reveals they may actually be a previous generation. Edit 2: Yup, they are a previous generation. Apologise for bringing...
  14. S

New mysterious Genelec monitors

I assume your setup is midfield or further(even for potential ones)?
Top Bottom