Recent content by Sir Sanders Zingmore

1. Sir Sanders Zingmore

How important is doubling down power to 2 ohm or 1ohm on Hi Fi Speakers on high dynamic range music?

perhaps not relevant but take “doubling down” specs with a grain of salt. Manufacturers often understate the 8ohm power to give the appearance of doubling. Stereophile measures the Levinson at 400w into 8 ohms and 1250w into two ohms. They have the Krell at 280w into 8 ohms and about 850w into two
  2. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Trust your ears - Audioquest Dragonfly cobalt

of course engineers and measurements can be biased. That’s why we have proper experimental design. What is missing is the following: “Trust your ears” in this context actually means “trust your eyes” and this is always biased.
  3. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Tidal’s New Lossless Tier Says Goodbye to MQA (but does it really?)

Is it feasible that the “Hifi” tier will simply be deliberately hobbled MQA (with the mqa flag removed)? That way, anyone comparing “Hifi” and “hifi plus” will of course be astounded at how good MQA sounds.
  4. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Tidal’s New Lossless Tier Says Goodbye to MQA (but does it really?)

This is what my TIDAL app says… edit actually forget it I was going to point out that the pricing seems very different to what the article stated but then I remembered that if you subscribe through the app, Apple adds a margin on top
  5. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Pics of mega-expensive equipment in horrible rooms

“You’re right Vlad, you can never have too much power”
  6. Sir Sanders Zingmore

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

If you believe they will never use them (or at lest never try), I have a bridge to sell you
  7. Sir Sanders Zingmore

For me, the main issue with MQA is probably unrelated to this thread: it's their ability to effectively impose DRM if they so choose. You can argue technicalities but if/when MQA controls authentication at all levels of the chain, then they control the quality of what you hear and what they can...
  8. Sir Sanders Zingmore

"Things that cannot be measured"

Seems he may not even have said that : https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/26/everything-counts-einstein/
  9. Sir Sanders Zingmore

"Things that cannot be measured"

Did Einstein actually say that?
  10. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Precisely, it’s been there from the start. Once they control the chain it’s end to end DRM. And if they control the chain up to the point where the only “master” that exists is MQA then everyone is held hostage. That is my fundamental objection. I know it’s not quite the topic being discussed...
  11. Sir Sanders Zingmore

You aren’t thinking crazy enough! As I said a few posts back, if every version is really MQA they can easily engineer a situation where the “non-MQA” version is made to sound worse.
  12. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Because when they control both versions they then have the ability to hobble the non-MQA version thus “proving” the MQA version is better. Not saying they are doing this (yet) but they could if they choose to. Then you get a situation where you need an MQA capable DAC and they get licensing...
  13. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Pavlovian Marketing. The blue light is on so it must be authentic. That feels good
  14. Sir Sanders Zingmore

(Audiophile) americana and country music? Who likes it? Recommendations?

thanks for the suggestions, some new names there. Angus and Julia Stone are an Aussie brother and sister, they are very well liked in Australia and their recordings are usually top notch too.
  15. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

I see you’ve perfectly grasped what I’m getting at :p
Top Bottom