Recent content by sigbergaudio

1. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

The Sigberg Audio Inkognito subwoofer hiding in plain sight! :D
  2. sigbergaudio

Is there a way I can ACCURATELY measure how loud my music is, to protect my hearing, WITHOUT needing to buy expensive test equipment?

I found kangaroos slightly intimidating to begin with, but never realized they had claws like that! :eek:
  3. sigbergaudio

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Unpublished manuscript from 2007? Color me not convinced.
  4. sigbergaudio

Do you have a reference/link to that study then?
  5. sigbergaudio

A bit unclear text in that study. And unclear what point you are trying to make as well since you are just posting and highlighting the study with no comment. The study says "These overall results demonstrate that mp3 compression does introduce audible artifacts." While what it should have...
  6. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

Rough in-door measurement, but just to show the difference: I've been focused on creating a grille with a thin, light frame and acoustically transparent fabric (this is the same for both Manta and the SBS.1). Here is with and without grille on the Manta, measured somewhat off-axis. The...
  7. sigbergaudio

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Sorry, 42.1 is the height of course
  8. sigbergaudio

New Magico M7 speakers

Waveguided dome tweeter @1m.
  9. sigbergaudio

New Magico M7 speakers

Our Manta is rated at 122dB (weighted pink noise @1m per speaker) with a waveguided 1" silk dome. At that point the amplifier for the 12" woofer ran out of steam, so even at this level it still wasn't the tweeter limiting the SPL. But this varies with the design I guess. The tweeter is also...
  10. sigbergaudio

New Magico M7 speakers

As mentioned above, music isn't linear in energy across the frequency range. So with weighted pink noise (simulating music) you get a better understanding of what the overall system is capable. If you stand in front of a speaker playing music with a SPL meter showing 120dB, there's not 120dB...
  11. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio Saranna (fullrange, cardioid active floorstander) development thread

On a related topic: One of my early memories with the SBS.1 prototype was watching "The accountant". That movie has a pretty well designed sound track and high dynamic range, and at least the version I watched was also mastered significantly louder than most movies. Early in the movie everything...
  12. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio Saranna (fullrange, cardioid active floorstander) development thread

I have not tried that, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I simply don't have the space to do something like that. I have also actually gone from 5.1 to 2.1 in my own main living room because the wide soundstage / imaging qualities of the speakers works so well with movies that I don't...
  13. sigbergaudio

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

They're WxHxD 320 x 410 x 1070 mm (12.6” x 16.1” x 42.1”) according to the website.
  14. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

We're actually planning to do just that with the upcoming Saranna speaker. Real wood veneer not vinyl, as we have on the bottom of the Manta as well. Likely the painted baffle and veneer on the sides, but as you say there are cardioid ports. We haven't decided on the approach yet. The most...
  15. sigbergaudio

Nearfield port response (measured with the microphone just at the mouth/edge of the port) including resonances. The bump at 42hz as well as the dip at 137hz in the port measurement (purple) is measurement errors / room interatctions. The response of the speaker (green) is not accurate below...
Top Bottom