Recent content by shwnwllms

1. S

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

Unless you are upsampling to 768 kHz PCM or DSD you will lose the upper frequencies with NOS mode on (try listening to redbook with NOS on and listen for the cymbal crashes, they aren’t there). This is most likely what you are hearing when you say it’s restrained. Turn off the NOS mode and give...
  2. S

Nice! Good to hear. They have been pretty responsive throughout this whole process and seemed to have worked with the end user (or through the dealer) to make sure they made it right. They certainly stand behind their product.
  3. S

Nice! Only tips I have is set aside some time (contrary to what Gustard claimed in an email to me, it takes longer than 5 min). I did use a magnetic pad to keep track of which screws went where. This was helpful but not necessary (IIRC there are just 2 sizes of screws). There is one screw in...
  4. S

Gustard didn’t really design the X16 with servicing in mind (otherwiwise they would have added a USB port for firmware upgrades). They designed it with the best sound quality in mind, expecting any servicing to be done in house by their technicians. I’m sorry this happened to you Dennis, but I...
  5. S

Yes you may be limited to 24/192 or 24/96 via optical (which is dependent on your OS and optical cable). USB on the X16 will get you full rendering capabilities for MQA and up to 24/768 PCM or 256 DSD (DoP) or 512 DSD (Native)
  6. S

Current production units have been fixed, the DSD issue was on on early units that left the factory with pre production firmware.
  7. S

Just my fingers, I would advise against using any tools. Just apply pressure rocking each end out until it pops off the display
  8. S

I believe this has been discussed before and its specific to Apos. ShenzenAudio for example still carries it and doesn't have any plans to stop carrying it (as long as they can keep it in stock that is)
  9. S

Yes its certainly possible, but you are going to lose the rendering of the MQA on the X16. I can't speak to the Tidal interface, as I use Roon to stream Tidal but here are a couple of examples. If I choose to upsample in Roon using their upsampling DSP then Roon is smart enough to exclude MQA...
  10. S

Can confirm this is the correct firmware for the update. I used the same hex file to flash the new firmware to the X16 and the DSD problem was gone. No issues with the upgrade as long as you follow their instructions and have the correct programmer, drivers, upgrade program and the above hex...
  11. S

Well, I uploaded it to Dropbox for Dennis and Dropbox immediately flagged it, disabled my links and suspended my sharing privileges for 24 hours (which has never happened in my life and I've been a customer of theirs since day one). I'm wondering if they flagged it for malware.
  12. S

I still have mine. Give me a few to dig them up and I’ll send them over to you shortly ***Edit*** PM Sent
  13. S

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

For those wondering the Roon plugin for the 2021 revision is close to being finalized (assets for the presets have been handed over from Audeze to Roon already). Until then the LCD-4 plugin works quite well and the final LCD-X 2021 revision will be quite close to it according to the Audeze...
  14. S

Just contact wherever you bought it from. ShenzhenAudio sent me the correct one within a week
  15. S

Firmware upgrade complete. DSD issue resolved. It took some trial and error to figure out you need to unplug and plug back in the pins to get the MCU check to kick off (and the new firmware to update).
Top Bottom