Recent content by Shiva

1. S

How people choose very expensive High-End speakers?

In the olden internet days when Audiogon was new and shipping was cheap, high end speakers were continuously bought and sold on the site. One tried them out at one’s home and either kept them cause they dug them or put ‘em back on the site and resold them to try something else.. I tried quite...
  2. S

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

I say, since you heard and loved the Estelon's, get them....
  3. S

What are we listening to right now..

Any here into Heilung..?
  4. S

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

A fun way to explore what speakers are out there, is to visit the virtual systems on Audiogon. 100’s of different speakers designs to explore. I will throw another end game speaker perhaps, Rockport Altairs. https://www.audiogon.com/systems?sort=popular
  5. S

What makes big speakers sound "big"and smaller ones sound "small"?

I assume quite a few people here have been to a movie theater or two, hopefully some with a very good sound systems. The audio presentation in the movie house often has a grand scale to it. Voices are larger than life, musical instruments, incredibly dynamic and impactful. Not to mention...
  6. S

Spherically Dead (in Vegas)

I am more interested in how the sound quality is in the Sphere, than who may play in it. Anyone here have any real world listening experience within? Where is the sweet spot in a Sphere? Have to pick the right seats if I ever go there..:)
  7. S

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

I second that motion.
  8. S

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

Well, you can perhaps, get a fine taste of dust....:)
  9. S

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

Speaking of high end speakers, just landed on this vid from the Sound Sommeliers yesterday and it sounded quite nice on my Senn HD580’s. Headphones if you got ‘em.
  10. S

Himalayan salt lamps as a HiFi tweak

I dig the light from salt lamps and have had them in the house for over 20 years. Here, a pair of them in between the speakers. Though I have read all about the benefits attributed to them, can't comment on any improved sound quality imparted.:) Here a pic during a little late night time...
  11. S

THX cinema with pro cinema audio gear

In 50 words or less, what do Laser discs still have in this day and age of Blue Ray discs?
  12. S

Pics you’ve taken,

Visited a rec center that had a room devoted to model trains.
  13. S

Wild places, post em if you got em...

For those who've driven from California to Las Vegas and came across Zzyzx road and wondered where it goes. This is a view from it. A part of the Mojave desert.
Top Bottom