Recent content by Shanicky

1. S

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

It's the former. Imagine it's essentially a preamp function with a volume lock feature. Indeed, this function can be very convenient in certain situations.
  2. S

Let me clarify. The Fixed mode simply locks the volume so that it doesn't change when you're turning the knob. Therefore, you can switch to the PRE mode, adjust it to -2db, and then switch back to FIXED. This will lock your output volume at -2db. If it's -10db, then it locks it at -10db. So, now...
  3. S

You called my behavior silly, which is really quite impolite.
  4. S

Additionally, I believe as a consumer, I have every right to point out the product's flaws (even if it's just an issue with the manual). Knowing obvious defects but forcing oneself or others to accept them is a clear act of gaslighting.
  5. S

Yes, my question is why there is a vague option for 5v/4v here. The menu is quite simple, anyone can use it, but there's no setting for 4v/5v (yes, just like a topping). From my understanding of the Fixed 4v mode, there shouldn't be any volume indication on the page. Instead, it should display...
  6. S

If you're trying to feel accomplished by putting someone else down, I suggest you do something else that's easier. Everyone has their own needs, and you don't even own this DAC; you might not have even listened to it or experienced it, yet you're forcing others to accept a half-baked product...
  7. S

Of course, I have to care. When you buy a car, you don't just consider how fast it is, you also look at its design, its comfort level. The same goes for a DAC; it might be high-performing (though the actual sound isn't particularly remarkable), but if there's a problem with the instructions...
  8. S

Why wouldn't I care after spending $999 on such a "flagship" thing?
  9. S

This is from their manual, and it mentions that there should be a mode that outputs a fixed 4V. However, there's no mention of how to actually achieve the so-called 4.0Vrms output. There is no documentation. On ASR, I know that setting it to -2db can somehow obtain a 4V output, but this was...
  10. S

Is there a way to bypass the volume control on this DAC? I found that if I adjust the volume before setting it to FIXED, it still passes through the volume chip. It would be unbelievable if this $999 DAC doesn't support bypassing volume control. cc @SMSL-Mandy
  11. S

Does anyone know what the volume should be set to if you want to use D2R purely as a DAC (bypassing any possible volume control)? The PRE mode has already been set to fixed. Some say it should be set to -2.5db, others suggest -2db, and there are those who recommend -0db. What do you think is...
  12. S

Little Bear MC3 XLR & RCA Switch Review

How is the performance of this RCA to XLR?
  13. S

Violectric HPA V550 Pro Review (Pre-amp/Headphone Amp)

What is the distortion or SINAD in the case of a single-ended input and single-ended output?
Top Bottom