Recent content by Shadaraman

1. S

Room with Windows Speaker Placement?

I don't know the answer acoustically, but for me the answer was to put the speakers against the window side of the room, so that the listening position can look out the windows. If the view isn't worth looking at, it's a totally different question. :P
  2. S

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Because of Amir's reviews, I bought the Modi 3 and Magni Heresy. Because of another thread on the forums, I ordered a Stressless Mayfair recliner for my new listening space. Hopefully the damn thing actually shows up soon. :P
  3. S

KEF Unicore

For LS50 that would make sense, but LS50W and LSX have their own crossover settings, so the sub should be in LFE mode and bypass the crossover (there's actually a section in the KC62 manual specifically for those speakers).
  4. S

What is your listening sound pressure?

I just recently got speakers set up in my office and picked up a Umik for measurement. The first thing I did was measure the overall loudness so I could put safety limits on my volume...and discovered that I don't get anywhere remotely close to dangerous levels. My typical listening volume is...
  5. S

KEF Unicore

That might work, but 12" is still on the large side for my space. Plus, I have more than enough DIY projects sitting half done, so I'm more likely to just buy a finished product. Still, I appreciate the suggestion, and I'll look into it more before I spend a bunch of money.
  6. S

KEF Unicore

If the KC62 came in a green fabric wrap to match my LSXs, I would probably already have pre-ordered it. I've been looking at the SVS SB1000, but it's just slightly too big for some of the places I would really want to put it. $1500 is a lot of money for a couple inches of size, but I have a...
Top Bottom