Recent content by Sg86

1. S

AK4499 vs ES9038Pro / Gustard DAC-X26 vs Gustard DAC-A22

I do like how everyone on this forum just seems to write bull for the sake of writing it :oops:
  2. S

Expensive are more likely to have a better implementation, $50 over $500, I think most would agree so no need to be weird about it.
  3. S

ESS sounds totally different to AK, how many here actually have expensive DACs with both chips in them for comparison and aren't just using other peoples opinions? :D
  4. S

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M - New model!

Also no indication of MQA level ie blue/green/purple etc What a useless MQA DAC this really is. Hope my feedback save people some time.
  5. S

Does sound good though, what a shame they've missed out such simple functionality ?
  6. S

Just realised it doesn't even come with a remote, it's going back!
  7. S

Seriously does someone here know how to tell what the volume is at?? I've managed to switch it from Fixed to Variable, but have no idea what the volume is. I'm not willing to just turn the dial all the way to the left before switching source on with 5grand speakers and Purifi poweramp, that...
  8. S

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M - review/comparison?

This arrived today, no manual only, no way to know how to change from fixed to variable volume. Finally got a link to an awful manual sent via email, with no information on knowing where the volume starts and no visual indication? Do they want me to blow my speakers or something? Anyone here...
  9. S

Mine arrived today, but no volume information??? How the frick do i know what volume it is set at before switching source on, this will blow my speakers if it isn't low...
  10. S

I was going to connect an Intel NUC to this/M400 via USB, NUC has Roon bridge on it. If this 200M has Roon bridge software on it then no brainer for me, didn't think that was the case though?
  11. S

I don't care about what you think about MQA, that isn't why I created the thread. Take you feelings about a technology elsewhere, and don't comment if you have no advice on the hardware.
  12. S

Yamaha CX-A5200 - Anything better for this money?

So I have a Purifi amp turning up soon and need a pre-pro therefore as I will be combining HiFi and Home Cinema. I have an XLR switch to separate HiFi anyway, but wondering if this unit is still the recommended pre-pro at this price level, or very close to?
  13. S

Hi, just wondering if anyone can let me know from specs if this is likely to be better than something like the SMSL M400? I'm sure someone here will review this unit properly when it's release, but I've got my custom Purifi 5chan amp from Apollon turning up in a week and I want to decide on DAC...
Top Bottom