Recent content by seanhyatt

1. S

Yamaha RX-596 Receiver Review

Welcome to the club. I started with the RX-595 and worked up to the RX-797. On all of this era models the CD direct input performers at audiophile levels.
  2. S

KEF R11 vs. Q900 Blind test can’t tell difference! HELP

I am planning to use the Q900 as back speakers in a 9.4.2 system with a denon X3600 with all external amps and the x3600 amps manually disconnected. I did try wides with Q150s and a marantz av7705 a long time ago but there was not a lot of material then. Did you notice any processing or...
  3. S

KEF R11 vs. Q900 Blind test can’t tell difference! HELP

Yes, the R11 does play louder and is clearer while doing so.
  4. S

Panasonic DP-UB9000 UHD Player Review

I resolved the problem by using settings on my Epson projector to control depth and screen size. That got rid of the ghosting. Without A/B testing I would say the Sony budget CD player still may be clearer for 3D but the color rendering on the Panasonic for 3D is much better than the Sony. Sony...
  5. S

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

As far as measurements this seems to be in the ball park of a Denon X3600 for $600.00 on ebay. Not sure how much better or worse it would sound.
  6. S

Panasonic DP-UB9000 UHD Player Review

3D problem with UB9000 When I watch 3D movies it is very blurry. There does not seem to be a way to adjust the depth to stop ghosting. My previous budget Sony had a depth setting that allowed you to calibrate the image and screen size to achieve an extremely clear image. What am I doing wrong...
  7. S

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

Or you can disconnect the amps internally simply by unplugging the power to them as I have.
  8. S

KEF R11 (Non-Meta) with Benchmark AHB2 and Buckeye NC252MP

I had a similar situation with the R11 and Q900. You need to have an amp that can change impedance well in my experience with these speakers and more power than they recommend.
  9. S

Yamaha RX-596 Receiver Review

I just bought a RX-595 at goodwill for $14. It seems to be the exact same unit as the RX-596 except for THD. Sounds great. RX-596: 0.025 THD at 8 ohms 0.05 6 ohms RX-595 0.019 THD at 8 ohms 0.038 6 ohms
  10. S

KEF Direct Blemished Speaker Cabinets

Thanks for the tip. I just checked the rings and they were not flush. Just pushed them in. The first shipment the boxes arrived in perfect condition via a freight company on a standard pallet. The second shipment arrived via fedex freight on an impressively solid pallet with what looked like...
  11. S

Good to hear stereo stores still are going. I know of two in Western NY that were around when I was a kid and are still around. They always treated me well as a kid lurking around the store and when I graduated college I bought a good pair of Phase Technology towers from them. Unfortunately...
  12. S

Just read Amir’s R6 meta review. He had the same issues. Posted from review: “However, I have returned and exchanged them three times: twice for the R3 meta and once for the R6 meta. This was due to poor cosmetics. It was a combination of bad paint and dented units.”
  13. S

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

“However, I have returned and exchanged them three times: twice for the R3 meta and once for the R6 meta.” I had the same issue with my R11 non metas. I stated a thread about it.
  14. S

Received my replacement for the the blemished R11. They look and sound fine.
  15. S

One of these two pictures is of a box that was opened and resealed.
Top Bottom