Recent content by seangoodman

1. S

newbie help with streamer selection and hoot

thanks for your reply, I ended up with the Cambridge can plugged into my musical fidelity amp so I bypass the Denon completely. I subscribe to Qobuz and did the year package as it worked out 60 quid a year cheaper than tidal and I also have normal hi res with Qobuz and no MQA messing about. I...
  2. S

bass control in living room

thank you, yes I know its not what I am looking to achieve though, I am going on a journey learning / building my experience on natural room treatments as I find it interesting
  3. S

oing to make a soffit thanks for your reply, I can do room eq and have indeed made some filters with some success for my digital music, I am now looking at improving the room so as to benefit in my vinyl playback world and maybe reduce filters in new / Roon. I have taken REW measurements and...
  4. S

have done that already Thanks. here's a few pics of the room and left speaker response
  5. S

Hi, I am starting to look at doing some room treatment to hopefully get my bass control a little bit under control and improve some reflections. I am currently in the process of making some absorbers for the first reflection points so all that remains is to get a bit of a strategy regarding the...
  6. S

TIDAL Chromecast to CXN v2

thanks, it has turned out that i was incorrect in my view on the cambridge app. I had been looking at the wrong one! I had been looking at cambridge connect on utube but now realise it should have been stream magic. My mistake and i am now pleased as that app looks much better, think i will be...
  7. S

Not yet appantley, not bought a streamer yet, am in process of trying to decide which, whats holding me back on the cambridge is i dont like thier app much, with tidal connect not being released yet by cambridge that only leaves chromecast, just concerned that means the stream will go over the...
  8. S

thanks for that, cant do the test sadly as this question is part of my decision making regarding wether to get the cxn as i dont fancy the cambridge app much and was thinking about using tidal chromecast as a potential workaround, dont fancy having the whole stream going over the ipad though
  9. S

Excuse my ignorance here but a quick question I may, When doing the following ..Tidal app on iPad - chromecast to Cambridge CXN V2 which has chromecast built in, does the stream go direct to the CXN or does it go to the iPad first then over the Wifi network to the CXN? in other words does the...
  10. S

newbie help with streamer selection and hoot

Hi guys, joined up today as I have been searching around the internet quite a bit just recently regarding getting into streaming etc and this site crops top a lot and the info and technical knowledge seems to be very good here. hopefully a few of you can kick me in the right direction although I...
Top Bottom