Recent content by Schlippwhip68

1. Schlippwhip68

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

The Audioquest Jitterbug full metal jacket is a good purchase for me personally, I put an Avantree DG80 Bluetooth dongle into the end of that thing and plugged it into my PC and got far better sound quality, cleaner less harsh bluetooth signal going to my JBL Partybox, worked a treat!
  2. Schlippwhip68

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

The Audioquest Jitterbug full metal jacket is a good purchase for me personally, I put an Avantree DG80 Bluetooth dongle into the end of that thing and plugged it into my PC. I have a cleaner signal to my JBL Partybox.
  3. Schlippwhip68

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I agree, in fact dont buy this dac if the quest of finding one gives you more of a thrill than the finding. I suffer from that. I find myself thinking "I might get a new dac" then after some mentle chewry I switch on my system and listen via the E50 and it surprises me every time I do and my...
  4. Schlippwhip68

AIYIMA A08 Pro Amplifier Review

I think the better move would be the new Aiyima with PFFB You may notice a degree more in over all sound quality over the standard A07 and A08 but I cannot guarantee that personally. https://www.aiyima.com/products/aiyima-a70
  5. Schlippwhip68

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

https://fosiaudio.com/pages/monoblock-power-amplifier-v3-mono?_sc_p=lid%3A43e5da5d0b0f4bfcb47b8785e843b36a-%2Algt%3A1711966974%2Aseg%3A&mktg_wl=
  6. Schlippwhip68

New from Fosi...

https://fosiaudio.com/pages/monoblock-power-amplifier-v3-mono?_sc_p=lid%3A43e5da5d0b0f4bfcb47b8785e843b36a-%2Algt%3A1711966974%2Aseg%3A&mktg_wl= I like the new Power Block with this. This could actually be a viable purchase coming from Class A/B.....
  7. Schlippwhip68

Topping E30 II DAC Review

No, just no. This is current problem in itself. People being ushered into the idea spending a £150 on a product that only lasts a year is acceptable, it just isent. That is not a product people should accept, it is not a product that provides any benefits to the environment through waste. It is...
  8. Schlippwhip68

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Its a library thing in my case, Spotify caters more for my flavours and the sound quality from Spotify the the 'very high' setting running through FXSound app is rich and dynamic and far better than Apple Music at the moment as Apple are still withholding the option to customize their EQ leaving...
  9. Schlippwhip68

No, they are tuned differently. I cannot go into depth at this point but they are quite different in sound.
  10. Schlippwhip68

Yep, I had a similar situation. Within a 6 month period I tested out the Rotel A11 Tribute, Denon PMA800 and PMA600 Onkyo 9010 and the Marantz PM6007. I only used one set of speakers namely the Monitor Audio Bronze 200 floorstanders. To keep it short, PMA800 nice but not quite my taste, dry...
  11. Schlippwhip68

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

I would ignore all the neigh sayers and those that trust gadgets over God and their own minds. The more perceptive amongs us understand. I heard a huge difference even compared to my previous cable the QED XT25 which also had a slight lift around the 8 hrz region but also required burn in to...
  12. Schlippwhip68

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

I bought a pair of 3m Audioquest Rocket 11 recently and noticed a big difference in separation of lower and upper bass and vocals after 15 hours burn in. Initially the sound was quite congested but after running for 15 hours or more, instrument and vocal separation dramatically improved...
Top Bottom