Recent content by ScepticMatt

1. S

T+A Solitaire T

I've owned a pair for a few weeks so I can share my subjective impressions. There was a strong chemical smell upon first opening but that has largely dissipated. I hope that will continue to become weaker over time. I imagine that's in part due to the synthetic leather though the case also had...
  2. S

Hearing Protection Measurements

I'm interested in this subject. It would be interesting to see if Amir is able to do any measurements for these. The best resource I've come across is here: https://www.hearingtracker.com/earplugs Clearly the attenuation is far from flat but they don't necessarily sound bad. I know people say...
  3. S

T+A Solitaire T

For anyone else who is wondering, I received a reply from T+A showing that the inside dimensions of the ear pads are 3.5cm wide and 6cm long. They curve inwards at the back to 4.7cm and 7.2cm. My ears wont fit through that so some level of squishing is inevitable. It seems despite this that most...
  4. S

T+A Solitaire T

Does anyone know what the inside dimensions of the ear pads are? I hear these act more like on-ears.
  5. S

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Thanks, it should be more than enough for me. By gain I meant volume. I might instead decide to buy the T+A Solitaire T for portable use and then I don't have to worry about wires or a dongle DAC/amp and also benefit from ANC and lighter weight. If I did that, the E3 is still compelling for...
  6. S

Sounds like the E1DA 9038SG3 should be powerful enough then? I was considering that as a portable DAC/amp. I'm not sure if there could be some current overload protection at the highest gain but I don't listen particularly loud.
  7. S

I've looked at this again. I note that on the Zorloo Ztella measurements there is clipping at 58 watts on a 33ohm load. I don't know if that's current or power protection (?), but if I assume a max mA of 42 then the low-impedance Noire is limited substantially down to around 98.36 dB SPL and the...
  8. S

Sure thing. Numbers are often reported as dB/mW which can be misleading and doesn't allow for direct comparison. Though it should be noted that the Ztella has an automatic high-impedance mode that increases to 2Vrms and I'm guessing some other amps have this which complicates things a bit more...
  9. S

Thank you for the review Amir and all the other reviews that I find to be very informative. I find it interesting how this headphone is described as being more sensitive than the Stealth and this appears true per watt. However, for a given voltage it appears that the higher impedance of these...
Top Bottom