Recent content by sawacs

1. S

Focal 826-D Alternatives

I ordered a UMIK-1 mic and downloaded the REW software. Will start by analyzing the room first then play around with the EQ. My concern is the Audyssey APP will correct too broad of a frequency range. Also, I have stands arriving tomorrow for a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2's I am using in my...
  2. S

Focal 826-D Alternatives

I am using the Audyssey app for calibration but I have not tried to implement any eq corrections using app. I need to learn a bit more before trying to edit things. Regarding the speaker angling, I have tried that with no luck. I will give the EQ a try first.. definitely cheaper than new...
  3. S

Focal 826-D Alternatives

Two years ago, I acquired the Focal 826-D speakers, but I've now embarked on a quest to explore alternatives. In hindsight, I realize I should have conducted more extensive research before making my purchase. The piercing highs of the Focals have become unbearable for me, prompting the need for...
  4. S

DAC Advice Needed

Means I took the D90se out of the box and tried it out
  5. S

DAC Advice Needed

Funny story.. D90se arrived this afternoon and I could not stand it. I set the unit up and started playing music. Ten minutes into the session, the optical port on the unit failed. I am going to consider this a sign and send the unit back for a refund. Still debating on sending the Node...
  6. S

DAC Advice Needed

I appreciate everyone responses and advice regarding my DAC questions. After reading through everything I have realized I have a lot to learn. The internal Denon DAC sounds pretty good and after setting everything up with the toslink cable, I find it hard to complain. However, I would love to...
  7. S

DAC Advice Needed

I got that. I misunderstood
  8. S

DAC Advice Needed

I have to be doing something wrong then So, the music you are streaming is not physically downloaded to a computer but rather online streaming?
  9. S

DAC Advice Needed

If I am streaming music and using the Denon's DAC, I am limited to AAC 96 kbps and no more. There is an exception. I can play hi-res music using the Denon's DAC if I download the file and play it from a computer drive or usb. This information came directly from Denon tech support The only...
  10. S

DAC Advice Needed

Ha! Thanks! My two brain cells have been walking in circles and one just fell over!
  11. S

DAC Advice Needed

I can stream from cellphone via Google cast, Bluetooth, computer and HEOS but am stuck at aac 96. I suppose this is the main reason to get a separate DAC so I can stream hi-res music.
  12. S

DAC Advice Needed

I have hooked up the Toslink cable and bypassed the Node 2i. The DAC on the Denon sounds pretty good but there is one issue. All of the music I stream into the Denon DAC is limited to AAC 96 kbps. The only way to play hi-res music, according to Denon tech support, is to download the file to a...
  13. S

DAC Advice Needed

Good point. Maybe I am just thinking one sounds better than the other.
  14. S

DAC Advice Needed

Bypassed the Node and ran direct through the Denon. Sounds pretty good but there is one issue. The Denon will only output AAC 96 kbps streaming. I also confirmed this with Denon.
  15. S

DAC Advice Needed

I will give that a try and thank you!
Top Bottom