Recent content by samwell7

1. samwell7

Recommendation request thread

Yeah I have heard/seen a lot about the issues with the wires disconnecting in the earcup. I'm not sure if the issue is still prevalent but this should be handled by warranty.
  2. samwell7

Maybe the Dan Clark Aeon RT? It did fairly well in Amir's review here will you be using EQ? It's a price step down but the AKG K712 has decent bass (it surprised me as far as open-back dynamic headphones go) and clarity up top, with EQ it does very well.
  3. samwell7

We probably need a bit more background info! There's a format to follow in the first post, this will help us steer you in the right direction.
  4. samwell7

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

They're pretty good! I just hate the whole wireless thing, I want something that sounds similar, but is wired so I can use it at my desk.
  5. samwell7

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

I'm also interested to see if the 'technicality' has any meaning in the real world, I'm pretty sure Crinacle has a description for what he refers to as technicality on his website, I can't remember it though!
  6. samwell7

Life with an EE Education

At first it's quite a difficult mindset to get into, especially if you designed the system/circuit but it is definitely worth doing (or in your case, finding an expert to do it). I remember finding an issue with a relatively standard motor control cabinet circuit where we'd induce relay chatter...
  7. samwell7

Ha! Nothing like a good trick question, are you an educator?
  8. samwell7

The uni problems would include extra information as you've said, but not to the level of the real-world and it was fairly easy to see what was needed and what wasn't (especially if you'd been studying). Regarding the testers, definitely worth a massive amount, I vividly remember when we...
  9. samwell7

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

As far as I can tell (yet to buy anything from there) it seems pretty good to Aus, the only stitch-up is the exchange rate and shipping time, the shipping costs aren't too wild.
  10. samwell7

Hey all just FYI the main discussion thread is here
  11. samwell7

I tried to merge the threads but it mustn't have worked!
  12. samwell7

Although, really, as @solderdude suggested earlier, if it is a similar model with some issues potentially rectified for a similar price to the original - if it weren't for it being Drop I'd imagine people would generally be favourable towards it.
  13. samwell7

No need to apologise! I still think it'd be interesting to hear from somebody with the engineering know-how about how they would've changed the material (I'm guessing only at certain diameters) around the driver for specific frequencies.
  14. samwell7

I thought they mentioned acoustic impedance rather than electrical impedance
Top Bottom