Recent content by Saidera

1. Saidera

Sony NW-A105 Digital Audio Player Review

We should see A55 measured for output impedance via USB DAC mode. I don't have BA IEMs. I remember some other guy used 3.5 mm BA IEMs on A105 and said DSEE was more suited to BA IEMs not dynamic driver.
  2. Saidera

Now, it seems condensers or capacitors in S-Master amps and walkmans like A55 do need some 'aging' or burn-in, before their characteristics become optimal - muddiness may become clearer upon hundreds of hours later of listening! This is objectively verifiable stuff, but Sony has not released any...
  3. Saidera

A great puzzle I am trying to unpack here stems from this: Sonata HD Pro's DSD playback is good enough and yet I can't compare it with A55, as to me, A55 is simply the best for compressed files, while Sonata HD Pro cannot do compressed files. A55 is said to be analog like, thicker sound...
  4. Saidera

No kidding, HE AAC (Apple CVBR 48-9kbps) still makes classical music sound terribly compressed. DSEE can't help that. At least AAC 128kbps or mp3 248kbps is the 'sweet spot' in terms of the amount of data the DSEE engine takes in and analyses. CD audio likely is analysed differently, who knows...
  5. Saidera

Getting 'drunk in dsee' Facts with how A55 does DSEE for hard core walkman fans: USB DAC IS NOT EQUIVALENT OF DSEE ULTIMATE FOR STREAMING – PROVEN VIA FOOBAR AND MC4PC THAT device DSEE AI doesn’t apply during DAC mode because the difference cannot be heard (when same files stored on SD get the...
  6. Saidera

In the world of digital audio players, it is often said that what kind of DAC IC is installed is a measure of performance. Asahi Kasei Electronics' AK4499 and ESS Technology's ES9038 are typical examples of high-end chips. With that in mind, some people may wonder, "What is the Walkman's DAC?"...
  7. Saidera

Great to know you can refund them. You might have fared better by using https://www.mrwalkman.ml/p/dmp-a50-series.html a modded firmware but I don't think it would have changed your case anyway. It's a shame that Sony has not satisfied every buyer. They do advise buyers to try it out in store...
  8. Saidera

What Does DSEE HX AI / DSEE Ultimate / DSEE Extreme Do?

I answered your request belatedly. Sony WILL add the new functionality for “AI” to the Music Center for PC. I explain: What Sony prides itself in is hardware - this tradition continues today. To keep DSEE latched to or caged in hardware in an attempt to sell more hardware simply cannot be...
  9. Saidera

There are so many titles for Sony's spectral band replication: digital sound enhancement engine; dsee; dsee extreme; dsee hx; dsee hx ai; dsee ultimate. All this fuss over just another harmonic exciter. I propose: PORTING DSEE HX AI to the next Music Center for PC v2.4! Audio enthusiasts must...
  10. Saidera

TempoTec Sonata BHD, a better budget option than the HD Pro?

Indeed let us not forget to mention here for those who don't understand the context here: that Apple and others took away the 3.5 mm jack to begin with and pushed wireless forward (now Sony's XM4 makes wireless on par with wired with DSEE Extreme...
  11. Saidera

Now some who have used Sony's WH-1000XM4 headphones say 'DSEE Extreme feels better than wired high resolution itself.' Wireless is now on par with wired headphones thanks to DSP! I honestly didn't find any difference in sound quality with SBC connection. It is necessary to measure the...
  12. Saidera

Sony Walkman review at What Hi-Fi?

I promise I will review academic or scholarly material in making posts about DSD audio or Walkmans in the future.
  13. Saidera

Many thanks for the fascinating insights! It's a pity they 'have good performance only without load'. And it's interesting to know that CS43131 is consistently good but only ES9038Q2M can become excellent which comes with some risk. And the way even AKM deceives those who don't look at...
  14. Saidera

Thanks raistlin65! I did read about it in passing but I forgot it. I do not have an extension. Only cords which don't have receptor jacks. I cannot imagine infinite resistance from an empty cable. But clearly it is an open circuit without current flowing yet voltage exists. Are there other...
  15. Saidera

ZX1 is old. So iPhone 5s is similar! Interesting. And thanks for pointing out the headphone issue. Clearly the quest for pure and enjoyable audio will never end. Ultimately, I support the Apple dongle (iPhone 5s etc) because it accentuates the differences DSEE HX brings on Music Center for PC...
Top Bottom