Recent content by Ryeno

1. R

Is Oppo HA-1 still relevant to be used as DAC?

Because you're internet bullies? Also 1k posts in less than 1 year, 4k in less than 3 years...I think it's fair to assume you guys lack good social skills. To recap, you guys need to go back to your finance 101 course and learn basic performance metrics. More expensive amps generally do sound...
  2. R

That's technically true but the original poster is using powering KLH Model 5 floorstanding speakers with a 10" woofer. So he likely needs decent wattage. Also he mentioned that his less expensive 2 channel amplifier sounded better than his more expensive AVR and so I did a price per channel...
  3. R

You guys are triggered but I stand by my logic. Better quality requires better parts. That's a fact. Better class AB power amplifiers require bigger transformers with more copper and bigger capacitors and probably more transistors that costs more money. So a good amplifier will necessarily be...
  4. R

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I would add that you shouldn't use sample rates above 24bit, 48kHz for audio playback. 96kHz might have benefit for audio producers but not consumers. Best case selecting 384kHz will have no improvement in audio quality since we can't hear sound above ~20kHz and 48kHz=24kHz audio. Worst case...
  5. R

Topping D90SE, playing on optical

SMSL DACs have a DPLL setting to fix this issue. Maybe ask Topping for a FW update? You could also try an external optical to coax converter box.
  6. R

It's not necessarily about power but sound quality. I upgraded to a vintage Yamaha ToP-ART amplifier similar to a Yamaha R-S700 and I noticed a difference in audio quality from my previous amplifier. I think you would notice a difference in audio quality with the Technics SU-G700M2. The Denon...
  7. R

In this case, you should upgrade your amp. I've never used this amplifier but the specs don't seem amazing and the price point is low so I would assume it's a low to mid-range amp. Buy a new amplifier if you want to spend $$$ or buy a good inexpensive vintage amplifier to save money.
  8. R

Mini Review It's good. I received my DO100 a few days and I could instantly tell an improvement in my audio quality. My configuration is optical output from my PC and connecting the DAC into the main power amplifier input of my AVR, bypassing the AVR's DAC & pre-amp. The AVRs DAC is an ancient...
  9. R

Adding Topping D30 Pro to a SR7015 AVR

7.1CH IN connectors will bypass the AVR DAC but it'll probably still use the AVR pre amp.
  10. R

This DAC is on-sale $215 USD until August 26 at Aoshida Audio's aliexpress store. You may also be able to save $15 USD through promo code "aug15".
  11. R

PC Audio Setup Help

How big is your room? If you have a small room, I would ditch the subwoofer or add 2 subs. 1 subwoofer has issues with reflections and interference and so the volume level can change if you move your head a few centimeters.
  12. R

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

So whenever the unit gets no signal and then a signal, it makes a pop sound?
  13. R

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Should I buy this or the SMSL DO100?
  14. R

DAC Advice Needed

To use an external DAC, you must bypass the receiver and go straight to the Emotiva XPA-3. Your receiver isn't high-end enough so it doesn't have external inputs which bypass the internal preamp.
  15. R

Google Sheets Compilation of ASR DAC Reviews

Topping DX3 Pro+ or SMSL DO100 Which do you recommend? I need a DAC + pre amp into a power amplifier.
Top Bottom