Recent content by Roger_

1. R

A Call For Humor!

Nice joke but a very bad AI generated picture. Watch Norris fingers (or the absence of it...)
  2. R

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

You didn't want to build a windows PC but instead used a NUC for Roon? so a seperate device is then not the problem. Use the NUC and install Kodi on it. It's for free. And if you want it as an appliance go for OSMC (which uses Kodi as a basis)
  3. R

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD300 (from the early nineties of the last century. I keep it for old memories. Even after 20 years I could buy replacement pads :) ) Sennheiser HD6xx (the drop version. Best value for money..) Sennheiser HD800S (clearly a step better than the others for a resolution and spatialness...
  4. R

Alternative to Roon....

Thanks. Let's wait and see if it supports multichannel audio.
  5. R

Alternative to Roon....

Thanks for the tip. But I want to play the multichannel music directly by the Denon AVR. Not via a seperate box which I already have (Nvidia shield pro wth Kodi)
  6. R

Alternative to Roon....

If you could give it try that would be great. However after reading the post I suspect that the LMS plugin will actually use the HEOS hardware in the AVR. Which is limited to stereo only.... But maybe we are lucky.
  7. R

Alternative to Roon....

Thanks for the tip. I used LMS years ago when we had two Logitech audio devices. But after we didn't use them anymore I ditched LMS (it was also not anymore directly supported on a Synology NAS if I remember it correctly). But can LMS directly connect to a Denon AVC-X4800h AVR to play...
  8. R

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Maybe due to their upgrade policy to add new features twice a year? "patience is a virtue"
  9. R

Alternative to Roon....

Does anybody know if there is music server software available, cheaper than Roon, which can connect to a Roon endpoint? Apparently the Denon and Marantz AVR will get Roon endpoint functionality. I dont need any of the Roon metadata information and streaming options but it should only be able to...
  10. R

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Thanks a lot for the elaborate update. Well it is a pity that current HEOS devices are hardware limited to two channel only. It is nice that D&M are adding Roon End-point capability but unfortunately for my use Roon is much too expensive. For the last 36 years I'm buying CD's and SACD's and...
Top Bottom