Recent content by Roger285

1. R

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

FYI, you may already have seen this, but Fosi has this to say regarding the amps performance with the different power supplies: Based on our measurement, using a 48V/10A power supply does not significantly increase power output compared to a 48V/5A power supply. Other parameters, such as...
  2. R

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

You might be interested in one of these. The Big Knob is completely passive, has 2 balanced inputs and 2 balanced out (or one balanced and one unbalanced) and is built like a tank. I've used them in my studio for years...
  3. R

Harman acquires Roon

You can see the roon eq in action at the end of many of Amir's reviews. It's a huge benefit for me to be able to have eq presets for every end point.
  4. R

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I had exactly the same experience - not with the Truthear Zero, but with the new 7hz Zero 2. The Zero 2s have terrific measurement and rave reviews, but to me they sounded simply awful. Just as you describe, thin, glassy, shrill. I returned the first set, convinced they were defective, but the...
  5. R

AD/DA converter plus monitor controller?

Perhaps the motu m4? No aes in though. I use one with a mackie big knob for volume, dim, mono and basic switching between sources and outputs. Bob
  6. R

Harman acquires Roon

Wow, I’m amazed at all the negativity around here for Roon. As a passionate Roon fan, I’d like to share my perspective. First of all, I’d like to clear up a few things - you don’t need to purchase expensive equipment to run roon. I use a $500 Mac Mini running Roon as my “Core”. An attached...
  7. R

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Sennheiser HD650 $250 today only at B&H: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/310010-REG/Sennheiser_HD_650_HD650_Reference_Class.html
  8. R

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Thanks for posting the EQ. I loaded it into Roon, and I have to say, it's subtle but I really appreciate how it makes the highs a tad less sibilant.
  9. R

Cheap but non-degrading solution to add volume control between dac and amp.

Kal and I agree on this, I'll leave it at that!
  10. R

It's fully passive and built like a tank. I think it's pretty transparent but haven't seen any measurements on it. It takes TRS in and out so you may need adapters or cables it you're working with xlr. Here's another one I use (I have a couple of edit suites): The Nano patch from JBL. It's not...
  11. R

I use a Mackie Big Knob 2x2 between my dac and Genelec monitors. It offers 2 balanced inputs and outputs. https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-Controller-2x2-KNOB-Passive/dp/B01NCUZ32O
  12. R

FOR SALE: Focal Elear Headphones, lightly used

Hello, Up for sale a very nice pair of Focal Elears. I'm the original owner. Bidding on eBay is starting at $425. Thanks, Bob https://www.ebay.com/itm/284171379663
  13. R

VTV Purifi 1ET400A updates

Yes, I have this question too!
  14. R

VTV Purifi 1ET400A updates

Isn't this amp (the new EVAL1 version) an Eigentakt? I'm wondering if it's reasonable to assume that this new amp should approach the performance of the Purifi that Amir measured?
  15. R

SOLD

Sold?
Top Bottom