Recent content by rockphotog

1. rockphotog

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Premium solder, could be branded as “Solder of Fortune”.
  2. rockphotog

The best way to bring audio enthusiasts from the dark side and see the light?

That's why I recommend people to read Daniel Kahneman - Thinking, Fast and Slow. Even if you know about all kinds of cognitive biases, you can't help it. Your brain is,, as a feature, lazy. "This stove top is really hot, should I remove my hand, or maybe see what happens?". You act quick in a...
  3. rockphotog

Vintage Audio Advertising

A reverse image search says the woman on the sofa is Yvette Vickers - Playmate of the month July 1959, and the photo also from that Playboy issue.
  4. rockphotog

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

How are the delivery around the world? I ordered a 3700H last year before a $200 price bump, but the "anticipated in stock" date in Norway is now February 18th. I hope those container ships are sailing.
  5. rockphotog

Confused about DACs ranking compared to price tags (and diverse questions)

And to add to that: Follow-up, service and guarantees. One good example is RME, which not only make solid products, but keep upgrading the firmware and support them many years after release (which is what you want from a professional product).
  6. rockphotog

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Not the AKM to AKM chip change, but the change to ESS chip, which they did in 2021. Fire was in 2020.
  7. rockphotog

Extreme Snake Oil

Hold my beer https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/sotm-launches-smb-q370-motherboard-r1071/
  8. rockphotog

Tom's hardware tells the truth

Why stop with an SSD? Now you can get an audiophile motherboard!
  9. rockphotog

MacBook Pro won’t output 24/192

Have you set "Exclusive mode" on the device setup in Roon? If so, you should never have to use the MIDI/Ljudenehter settings.
  10. rockphotog

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Originally around Wednesday (yesterday), so any day now. EDIT: See next post. Source, Mr. Carstens: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=179259#p179259 [My first post here, been lurking for "years"]
Top Bottom