Recent content by Rockman2

1. R

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Just Audyssey that came with. I also used the Martin Logan Base correction through the iPhone app. Again just free versions. I did not notice any real difference after using ARC. I had already run Audyssey. Did not seem like the extra correction did anything.
  2. R

Update on my system. The 4800 just does great. As I said before. I had a Marantz SR8015 with my last system and then saved money trying the 4800. I am not disappointed. In fact I think this unit does a better job. I also paired it with a 3 channel amp to run the front 3 channels. I have also...
  3. R

I have attached a new pic. The martin Logan Dynamo 800 vibrates a lot. It moved all over the floor. Martin logan said to put a stack of books on it but I did not think that would look good. I found black Granite tile and painted the edge with Satin Black paint. It took 4 pieces of tile to stop...
  4. R

Love mine and my last one was a Marantz SR8015
  5. R

No I just used Audyssey. Martin Logan also has calibration for the subs but I have not done that yet. As I said this will just keep getting better as I do more. Just don't have a tone of spare time so it takes a while to tinker with it.
  6. R

Well finally getting this set up correctly. The room and home has a lot of tile so I have been adding sound foam where I can and will be adding a large area rug in front of the TV in the seating area. I have changed the Towers to full range and it helped a great deal. They do put out a lot of...
  7. R

Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player Review

83" LG OLED C2 I have looked at the Manual that I down loaded but was confused. Also trying to get all setting working on the new Denon 4800H. The 820 manual claims a better sound running the sound HDMI to the AVR and then running the other HDMI direct to the TV. Think I will try this and see if...
  8. R

This image is with a blue ray in. It still shows 4k but it is not highlighted. Don't believe a Blue Ray will send a 4K image. This is why I was confused. I thought 4K needs to be highlighted.
  9. R

It shows Blue Ray, this is a 4k disc. I have put other 4K discs and it still shows Blue ray not 4K
  10. R

Help please. Not sure if I am getting 4K. Doesn't seem like it. On screen shows Blue ray and when the DVD starts it shows Dolby vision at the top by its self. I have set the player to 4K and also to auto. I have hooke the DVD direct to the TV and through the AVR same result. I have also used...
  11. R

After more trouble shooting found out the sub1cable was bad. Called Martin Logan as I thought I had a dead sub and they had me disconnect the sub cable from the AVR and tap it with my finger. They said if the sub thumped the cable and sub were good. Well it did thump so I proceeded with more...
  12. R

Well....not to happy with my 4800 so far. It has had HDMI hand shake issue with my Dish Network Sat receiver and my #1 sub output is not working. Denon had me do a factory reset. This did not work. I am outside the exchange widow so now the unit needs to be sent in for service/replacement. So I...
  13. R

Thought about trying a different out put but wanted this one to work. I will do a switch and see.
  14. R

I need a little help. I called Denon for help and had no luck. I have the X4800H and it set up for 7.2.4 I have attached a photo showing the set up in the avr. But I am not getting sound out of the left sub and the system will not do the Audessy set up it tells me a sub is not working which I...
  15. R

Any thoughts on Audyssey starting the tune with some adjustments mentioned in some of these threads then tuning the two Martin Logan subs I have with ARC using a mic or the iPhone app. Closing on our home and will be installing in a week or so.
Top Bottom