Recent content by RobR

1. R

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I've been using it with Spotify & Tidal, accessed from Wiim Home app. I have some questions: a. I can cast directly to the streamer from Spotify app in my windows 10 PC. But Spotify in my android phone cannot connect to the streamer (either from Spotify app or from Wiim Home app). However...
  2. R

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I just bought a Wiim Mini. I tried to use Tidal in my Windows 10-PC to cast/connect to Wiim Mini, but the streamer doesn't show in the 'tidal connect' list of devices. I tried the same with Spotify, no problem. The streamer shows up in the 'spotify connect' list of devices. (Not sure if it's...
  3. R

PC to hifi connection

When using & casting Tidal from either PC, will I be using Tidal interface or Wiim Mini user interface? (this is regarding using Tidal full features: mixes, playlist etc)
  4. R

PC to hifi connection

To cast Tidal Connect from PC 'B' to PC 'A', would Wiim Mini be a good option? Can Windows PC and Android devices use Wiim Mini? Would it be like this: PC 'B' plays Tidal. Then use Tidal 'connect' feature to cast to Wiim Mini via wifi. Then Wiim Mini sends to the DAC via optical cable. This...
  5. R

PC to hifi connection

Thanks. I tried and it works great for me! I've never noticed they have this feature before. Spotify works fine in my situation. Tidal, apparently can only cast/connect to certain devices, and Windows-10-PC is not one of them. (For those interested, here's the list of devices that currently...
  6. R

PC to hifi connection

Both PC don't have optical output. So to do optical connection from PC 'B' to the DAC, what do I need? USB to Optical adapter? Would this affect the audio quality?
  7. R

PC to hifi connection

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. I'll look up the software ideas. Apart from those, I'm considering the 10-meter (30 feet) connection too.
  8. R

PC to hifi connection

@digitalfrost & @AerithGainsborough, thanks for the idea. I'll look it up. With Teamviewer, still need to have Windows Remote Desktop?
  9. R

PC to hifi connection

Do you mean, we connect both PC to the DAC (PC 'A' to DAC via USB, PC 'B' to DAC via optical?) ? (I attach NAD D 1050 data sheet showing available inputs). PC 'B' is 10 metres (30 feet) away from the DAC. Should be fine with optical connection?
  10. R

PC to hifi connection

I use Tidal & Spotify in PC 'A'. Thanks for the idea. This is new to me, I'd never known Remote Desktop. I just watched a youtube video about it. It seems we can only log into one windows PC at the same time (either PC 'A' or PC 'B'). Is this true? So I guess a typical sequence would be: 1...
  11. R

PC to hifi connection

Hi. My knowledge about Audio/Video and computers are quite limited, I have the following question. I have two Windows-10 PC, separated about 10 metres (30 feet) from each other: -PC 'A' (used mainly for entertainment) -PC 'B' (used mainly for work) PC 'A' connects to a hifi setup (DAC...
Top Bottom