Recent content by robpbg

1. R

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

isn't there some kind of "truth in advertising" law that could be applied here?
  2. R

Excellent Presentation on Headphone Measurements

The above graph is the ideal presentation in my view... I wish everyone would standardize on it. I was referring to speaker measurements needing to use a similar graph, but adjusted so that the db at one meter (typical measurement) is converted to db at 10' in a typical listening room. I am not...
  3. R

There is a video (that I can't find again unfortunately) done by a prof at Yale (edu, not some bs company) that highlighted impulse response... turns out to be very important. Hopefully someone can find the vid and link to it.
  4. R

Good stuff. More focus on issues beyond frequency response is needed, as per his slide in the video. Distortion measured as a % THD (vs db below which is harder, for me, to appreciate) at various levels including peaks that correspond to 90db at a 10' or so listening distance would be easy (Erin...
  5. R

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

works for me every morning
  6. R

You obviously used the wrong kind of wax :-) I have this special can I've developed specifically to improve electron transmissivity.
  7. R

measuring things worth measuring like speakers,... Absolutely
  8. R

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I wonder if Dirac is enabled if you still get end to end 96 kHz? would be interesting to see
  9. R

PS Audio Stellar Review (Phono Preamplifier)

I have a problem with this vinyl thing. if this is supposed to be a site about objective stuff and you toss in vinyl, it's all headless panthers that should be eviscerated.
  10. R

PS Audio Stellar Review (Phono Preamplifier)

why does anyone need a phono preamp? qobuz, apple music etc. I just don't get it.
  11. R

Grimani SPL rule of thumb

You should be careful! Some will take you seriously.
  12. R

Marantz AV8805A Review (AV Processor)

I strongly prefer Aura 2D to stereo or other surround modes in my system. Suspect I would like true atmos even more if I could get it to work with Apple music :-(
  13. R

Marantz AV8805A Review (AV Processor)

I'm indirectly in the same camp. I have a 7012 that I got for like $1k when it was still new. Not sure how bad it measures, but suspect my revel f32s are the weak link. amp is bryston b4 thx. sub is monolith 12. manual audyssey eq to Harman target curve is pretty good fit according to REW. I...
  14. R

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

upnp turned off on the router for security reasons?
  15. R

In-wall Speaker Measurements (Monoprice THX-365IW)

Can someone explain why resonances are not more of an issue? I would assume most are installing into drywall and resonances would be a huge deal. Also the cavity is often shallow (back reflections) and it's volume could be limited by fire breaks in the walls (horizontal 2x4 between studs).
Top Bottom