Recent content by rlanger

1. R

Why people lean towards planar headphones as they are mostly Not following the specific Target

I don't know why others like planars, but for me, I like how they sound. Crazy, right? I started with a cheap pair of Hifiman HE-4XX, enjoyed the sound, sold them for Sundaras, enjoyed those more, then sold those for Edition XSs and enjoy them even more than the Sundaras. And I'll probably sell...
  2. R

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Very helpful, thank you. Not sure whether it would be more valid or not. That's why I asked.
  3. R

So, AP measurements aside, wouldn't this be a more valid test of the unit? And, would listening to the files you posted on one's own system be a valid way to capture a significant sample for such a test?
  4. R

Haven't listened to them, but I will. I was just more interested in whether the measurements were able to tell us anything about those variables I mentioned.
  5. R

I've always been skeptical of the results of a single trial. Not saying that there's anything wrong with Amir's results here. It's just my general skepticism of single trials from any field (it's my pharma background). But, is anyone aware of corroborating test results? Now, I don't have a clue...
  6. R

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Then why does the placebo still occur in a blind test? If it could be controlled, we would expect there to be no effect at all. In addition, studies have shown that even when people are told they are being given a placebo, there is still a measurable (statistically significant) impact that one...
  7. R

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

You can't control placebo.
  8. R

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I can't argue with that. But don't you think skipping the observations > question > hypothesis is equally problematic? Then at least we might start to better understand why something has PRAT or flow or whatever else we want to call it? i.e. In my observations, all of these amps have similar...
  9. R

Observation > I can't hear high-frequency sounds above a certain level. Question > Why? Hypothesis > I'm 55 and perhaps older people lose the ability to hear some high-frequency sounds. Measurement > Does not disprove hypothesis. Therefore the statement I pulled out of my ass, stands. Conclusion...
  10. R

I've been lurking on this site for a bit and registered to respond in agreement. The site may be called ASR, but I certainly don't see a lot of science in the reviews. I see measurements, but measurements are not science. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the scientific method is: Observation >...
Top Bottom