Recent content by Rincewind

1. R

Adam A4V Monitor Review

However much discussion there was, honesty always wins in the long run.
  2. R

Adam A4V Monitor Review

A full set of measurements for all five models in the A Series have now been published by ADAM on the website.
  3. R

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

"Do the measured 'break-in' differences exceed variability from new unit to new unit in the same production run?" No, not in my experience working for two different high quality loudspeaker manufacturers.
  4. R

Neumann KH 80 DSP Speaker Measurements: Take Two

Dear Amirm, As you have have appear to have solved some of the HF systematic errors in the measurements and got some sensible results from the Genelec speaker you measured, can you measure the KH 80 again to correct the record? At the same time could I suggest you try lowering the level a bit...
  5. R

Harbeth's view above is absolutely right and mirrors my experience too.
  6. R

How about just using the loudspeakers! For those understanding that break-in is a waste of time they get to enjoy their music immediately with full fidelity. For those believing it makes a difference, they can listen their music whilst the loudspeakers magically improve before their ears -...
  7. R

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

If you want something from company, why don't you write to them rather than complaining loudly here?
  8. R

A volume knob and a full soundcard are not exactly comparable in development terms. A soundcard needs electronics, mechanics, firmware, drivers and user software (or an app). It is a major project especially for a company that does not have off the shelf "parts" to pull from like RME or MOTU...
  9. R

Why would Genelec bother to make a USB-AES3 device when there are hundreds on the market already? They are called soundcards. Some are quite affordable too.
  10. R

Measurement of power handling and dynamic distortion of speakers with sine bursts

What you can do is drive the loudspeaker until you hit 3% distortion, then stop. Risk of damage increases dramatically as you go beyond that. This is how those S&R graphs work. Only for larger drivers at low frequencies is a 10% limit used and it would be horrible to listen to 10% distortion...
  11. R

Danny Richie Audio Myths on “Electrical Burn In”

Dear Darweb, See my second follow up post just above yours. This narrows the scope of my (admittedly) sweeping generalisation.
  12. R

The drivers were straight off the supplier's driver line. They would only have had basic production testing and this is a lot quicker than you might imagine - certainly not burnt-in in the way we are talking about here. I would suggest that a product that changes its performance enough that...
  13. R

I used to work for a notable manufacturer of active loudspeakers. During the very early stages of production we used to burn-in (24 hours of very loud pink noise) a batch of assembled product to test that the production processes were robust for the new product. As a by-product of this we had...
Top Bottom