Recent content by RimaLV2

1. R

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

Agree, I really like the E50 but the E30-II is $100 cheaper and I don't need Bluetooth, Balanced and MQA so it's a no-brainer for me to choose E30 II. Also, you need to use balanced in order to get the best result for the D-6, which is not in the case of E30 II D-6 RCA...
  2. R

I changed my combo from L50 + D-6 to the newest budget Topping combo L30 II + E30 II, so far so good. No more pop and click noise shenanigans, the amp is also better than the L50 so there is nothing to lose (except balanced, but honestly, it's a budget combo for a reason). After listening to the...
  3. R

Did they reply to you yet?
  4. R

I have experience with DX3+ (ESS9038Q2M), DX5 (2xESS9068AS), D-6 (AK4493S) and currently E50 (ESS9068AS). The least favorite of mine is the DX3+. Somehow I don't really like the DX5 as much as the E50. If they can fix the click pop noise on D-6, I definitely choose it ($100 cheaper) instead of...
  5. R

I already returned it, unfortunately. I do not use my computer continuously so I heard that noise every 20-30 minutes which is unbearable. If they release a firmware that fixes the issue I'll gladly jump back to it. I'm on E50 temporarily but I do like the sound of D-6 (Go well with XS) a little...
  6. R

Oh yeah, I was using the balanced TRS output too
  7. R

Same clicking noise on USB input too. I returned the D-6 for now and bought E50. Will come back to D-6 if SMSL update their firmware to fix this
  8. R

Filter 1 is the default filter (Sharp Roll-off filter) I'm interested in the tone-setting too. The D-6 has 4 tones from SC1->SC4 but the manual and the extra information they gave NV3S did not mention what is the name of the tones (SC1,SC2,SC3,SC4) so I stick with SC1
  9. R

My Topping L50 and D-6 from Aliexpress just arrived. I could tell the combo is better than my DX3+ already. Another E50 Dac will arrive today just so I could make a comparison of the D-6 and E50 :D
  10. R

Hi, can you share some of your opinions about the sound of the device? Is there any noise or pop,... and if possible can you compare it with your previous DAC? Thank you so much!
Top Bottom