Recent content by Rigel

1. R

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

hi EdW I want to make an important clarification to clear doubts and sorry for going a bit off topic. I will not dwell further on the USB question. One thing is data processing, jitter etc. And something else different from the leakage loops, that are being talked about and that I have simply...
  2. R

Hi Racheski It is as Ra990 comments. The noise will decrease, as long as the cause of the noise is the leakage current coming from the PC through the USB connection. If the cause is other equipment, it could even make it worse, because it depends a lot on the installation and the idefender only...
  3. R

Hi Audiomon. I made those cables to make measurements when I measure a component so they don't have the cover. They must be uncovered and separated from each other so that the current clamp can make the measurements on each cable. If not, it would measure the mix between them together and...
  4. R

I'm glad it doesn't have noise issues, it's a good amp. I also have the SP200 and I haven't used it in a long time. With the HD800, transparency is complete.
  5. R

If someone can find it interesting, I have started to measure the leakage currents of each of the components, individually connected or not and according to whether the idefender is connected. Leakage current in the amplifier with the idefender connected. They are not static values, the PC...
  6. R

The magic tape does not work magic either, although I agree that in certain cases it is effective as I have said and recommended on several occasions. In the USB theme, not everything is snake oil, it is not convenient to generalize in all cases. I have a USB cable without connection in the...
  7. R

The idefender minimizes ground loops. The isilencer no. It is not necessary to power the idefender for its operation. It is simply to facilitate external power to the DAC. In the case of the Topping D90 for example, it is not necessary since it is powered by internal voltage.
  8. R

Hi robertozappala Effectively, that's right. Roughly speaking, it could be said that the chassis / earth connections of each equipment and for example due to the leakage currents of the power supplies, etc. They are at an electrical potential "of noise" different from each other, so that when...
  9. R

Hi all. I understand people who have or may have noise problems and I feel sorry for them, but I think that it is impossible to design a specific equipment such as the A90 or another, I do not care about the brand and model, which can satisfy the Once, all the needs in terms of each person's...
  10. R

Hi Monteh The A90 has good sound. If you plan to purchase a DAC in the near future, you could wait to test it with the new DAC before returning it. In my case I have the D90 and there is hardly any noise with HD800 headphones at maximum gain and volume when I connect it to the A90 through RCA...
  11. R

Indeed, it is a method that I know works in at least certain cases. Better that it be fine as cellophane, one turn would be enough. I have USB cables that, from the factory, lack this connection between the shield of the two metal connectors If, in the absence of that ground connection, the...
  12. R

Ok, I did not put the photos as a critic, I hope I have not bothered. I just like to see the inside of the equipment, I suppose that by professional defect, it has happened to me since I was little, wanting to see the inside of anything electromechanical. I suppose there will be people who also...
  13. R

It is not necessary to change it, I have already commented on several occasions that it does not affect the fit and the touch is good. I personally do not find it annoying.
  14. R

I have been looking and indeed it is the potentiometer itself that has some slack. I guess it will be just a few units. The adjustment of the knob / adapter to the shaft of the same potentiometer is perfect, without play.
  15. R

Hi bboris77. If you plan to buy it, I would not worry about it, it is a great amplifier whose sound does justice to its specifications. It does not affect the volume adjustment at all and the feel of the knob is very good. It just has a little slack that would be better without it, that's true...
Top Bottom