Recent content by Riaz-Ahmed

1. Riaz-Ahmed

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

Hey everyone - just noticed on Amazon UK that the price of the THX Oynx has gone down to £136.96. Lowest price I have seen for a brand new one. Not sure how long it will last. I have just purchased this for driving my FIIO FH7 IEMs. Can't wait to try them out! Will report back my findings if...
  2. Riaz-Ahmed

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

hey @cheapmessiah I use the Zen Can with DCA AEON RT Closed HP and Fiio FH7 IEM and I have no problem whatsoever. The Zen Can has lots of power to drive both the AEON and FH7 and I have been impressed by the sound output of the Zen Can + SMSL SU-9 DAC -- an awesome combination! I shared my...
  3. Riaz-Ahmed

Amp for Aeon RT Open

good memory @Helicopter !! @HillCountry the DCA AEON RT Closed are very good headphones. I've had them for a few months now and they sound amazing. They defo get better over time. They work really well with the Topping EX5, short review here on ASR. Loads of power and transparent sound...
  4. Riaz-Ahmed

Was that on the back of my glowing review ;)
  5. Riaz-Ahmed

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Hi all, despite all the firmware and delivery issues, I have very positive feedback on the performance of this DAC. I got mine recently direct from Shenzhen Audio China (hopefully with the firmware update!!) Anyway, it is a bloody amazing DAC and produces wonderful musical output with real...
  6. Riaz-Ahmed

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Hi all I have shared my thoughts here and here on the DCA AEON RT Closed headphones using the following equipment: - SMSL SU-9 DAC - Topping EX5 as HPA and DAC - IFI Zen CAN as HPA - Bluesound Node 2i as DAC Hope this is useful for someone. Cheers!
  7. Riaz-Ahmed

Happy Friday all As promised, here is my observation when pairing the SMLSL SU-9 with the Ifi Zen Can. Firstly, as mentioned many times, Zen Cans are very powerful and IMO can probably drive any HP or IEM easily. I did not observe any noise or distortion while playing a range of music at low...
  8. Riaz-Ahmed

hi all - I have been experimenting with the Zen Can connected to the Bluesound NODE 2i and then the Topping EX5 and I can honestly say that the sound is improved for my ears somewhat. I have DCA AEON Closed RT headphones and Fiio FH7 IEMs, here are my observations: The XBass on the Zen Can is...
  9. Riaz-Ahmed

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

That is right. I contacted the Shenzhen Audio and they told me to order the SU-9 using the China cart option on Amazon instead of the Prime option. Prime option = ships from local Amazon warehouse, next day delivery. Defective model China cart option = ships from Shenzhen Audio in China...
  10. Riaz-Ahmed

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Thanks @Veri good advice as always!! I am trying to get the maximum from the DCA Aeon RT Closed headphones which were the bigger investment. Will a better DAC make them sound better? Currently they sound a bit flat and sometimes boring with the EX5. I tried the IFI Zen Can with xbass turned...
  11. Riaz-Ahmed

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Any opinions or actual experience from folks who have got an SMSL SU-9 or Gustard X16 and think these are better DACs than the Topping EX5 or vice versa? I have the EX5 to drive my DCA Aeon RT Closed and Fiio FH7 and it sounds clear, natural and punchy to my ears. Btw, the FH7's sound bloody...
  12. Riaz-Ahmed

Apologies @Brianc, I shouldn't have used the word 'bad' to describe its characteristics out of the box, this was misleading and shows my lack of understanding still. I'm still a noob in this audiophile world. yes, the objective is the target curve (or one of the curves) or close to it as...
  13. Riaz-Ahmed

wowsers @Brianc !! 19 to 95 WTF. How is that even possible? Can a product be that bad out of the box and with EQ become a totally different and better sounding product??? How can one trust future IEM/headphone products from say the likes of AudioQuest ,in this case, if this is what EQ does to...
  14. Riaz-Ahmed

Such a super awesome explanation @Robbo99999 very much appreciate the detail you have gone into. Thank you so much again!! :) Huge thumbs up and high fives to the guys for their efforts. Without them us budding audiophiles would not really take EQ serious enough or do it blindly hoping to get...
  15. Riaz-Ahmed

I think Dan Clark himself has said they are slightly different in this thread somewhere. Sorry I can't remember. You can do a thread search and see what he says.
Top Bottom