Recent content by remlemasi

1. R

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

I vaguely recall that you are accommodating custom FW with custom DSP filters. Did I mis-remember?
  2. R

Like I mentioned above, I recently escaped from the the "any/all EQ is blasphemy" mindset and allowed myself the freedom to explore the wonders of modern DSP. I also have much less time now to be super critical and just want to listen to music that "sounds good." (Unfortunately, my gear now...
  3. R

Just for a follow up, +12dB@100Hz sounds kinda nuts to me (no offense @jseaber lol). Even +8dB@80Hz is a bit much. Ended up finding @oratory1990 6-band PEQ settings (harman target) and applying just the low shelf and high shelf: +8dB@60Hz and +3dB@3kHz**. Glad the Q-factors match up. Might be...
  4. R

Fair enough. Although I really appreciate the jdslabs approach to EQ, where it’s implemented as subtractive adjustments only, introducing no additional risk of clipping. This is great when one does want to experiment with absurdly high boosts :)
  5. R

Yeah, I noticed that too, but if we’re getting technical, I think it’s 8dB overall boost down low. (3dB@75Hz+ 5dB@40Hz).
  6. R

@jseaber thanks! Yes, totally understand they are merely preferences. I’m always curious to see how other enthusiasts preferences line up against my own. Took me a while to break away from the ”any/all EQ is blasphemy” mindset.
  7. R

@jseaber your blog specifically mentions the HD-650. Can you share your team’s EQ preference(s) for it?
  8. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks… That’s too bad for my application (and several others too I imagine).
  9. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Apologies if this was discussed, but was it ever confirmed if the remote is IR or Bluetooth? I’m really hoping IR so I can program my Apple TV remote (or really any universal remote) to control the volume/mute. Also, I asked a several pages back but didn’t get an answer: is the Optical In to...
  10. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Anyone know how the Pro treats the optical input? Can it do 24/192? Is it bit-perfect pass through?
  11. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ah right, I do recall seeing the note on 24/48 airplay a several pages back. Kind of insane how long this thread is! Re: Apple Music direct to WiiM (no AirPlay involved), good idea to be another squeak in the wheel. Will do that. I will say this streamer is super easy to use and an insane value.
  12. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Just received the unit today and updated to 4.6.420439. Playing audio from iOS via AirPlay (Toslink), everything is output at 44.1kHz (DAC display). Tried Apple Music streaming (track is Lossless 24-bit/48kHz), YouTube app, YouTube via Safari. Is this typical behavior? Also, tried to...
  13. R

I‘ve learned a ton about digital audio and digital volume control the past week and time to apply! With the Element III, @amirm measured dynamic range (DR) at max volume to be 114 dB. I assume that this is at the max of low gain (1.0x), which is 0 dB on the display. Is it also true at max of...
Top Bottom