Recent content by remlemasi

1. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ah right, I do recall seeing the note on 24/48 airplay a several pages back. Kind of insane how long this thread is! Re: Apple Music direct to WiiM (no AirPlay involved), good idea to be another squeak in the wheel. Will do that. I will say this streamer is super easy to use and an insane value.
  2. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Just received the unit today and updated to 4.6.420439. Playing audio from iOS via AirPlay (Toslink), everything is output at 44.1kHz (DAC display). Tried Apple Music streaming (track is Lossless 24-bit/48kHz), YouTube app, YouTube via Safari. Is this typical behavior? Also, tried to...
  3. R

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

I‘ve learned a ton about digital audio and digital volume control the past week and time to apply! With the Element III, @amirm measured dynamic range (DR) at max volume to be 114 dB. I assume that this is at the max of low gain (1.0x), which is 0 dB on the display. Is it also true at max of...
  4. R

To add to this, would be neat if we could configure the knob press to toggle between pre-out and headphone out and the rear button to toggle optical and USB inputs.
  5. R

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Nice! I looked this morning and was surprised to still see it. Would’ve been 2-day shipping for me…. But I’m leaning towards the JDS Element III as it fits my needs better (clean office/desktop setup for small bookshelf speakers w/ A07 + headphones).
  6. R

Which gain mode were you in for HD650? Any risk of straddling low- and high-gain with these headphones?
  7. R

I’m in the same boat. While Element III is technically not SOTA DAC/SINAD wise, it shouldn’t matter right? Both are comfortably high enough that they should sound identical right? So it’s all about features, industrial design, after sales support, etc.
  8. R

Only 1 left in stock on Amazon. Who is gonna get it???
  9. R

Apple Music Hi-Res Audio Playback Methods Agglomeration

Perhaps.... but that limitation might be assuming you are attempting to use power via the OTG interface, not via an external power source. Additionally, my experience is with the D10s, which is single-ended, not the D10 Balanced, which might require more power for the differential output. In...
  10. R

Digital out : Yamaha wxc50, skysong , Douk U2 - soundreview.

I might be wrong, but as I understand it, the Douk Audio U2 has no internal clocks, but the Door Audio U2 Pro does have three internal clocks (you can also choose higher-end clocks, quadrupling the price from ~$50 to >$200, if you order from eBay/aliexpress).
  11. R

Apple Music Hi-Res Audio Playback Methods Agglomeration

I just received a Topping D10s and have some interesting observations after using it with my iPhone 12 Pro for a day. With the Lightning CCK adapter, the S/PDIF (coax, did not check optical) works fine WITHOUT an additional Lightning cable plugged into the adapter for power. However, the...
  12. R

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Has anyone made a chart or matrix showing all Topping products (amps/dacs) with features, like RCA, TRS, XLR output/input, headphone 1/4"/3.5mm/4-pin, DAC chip, etc, etc? EDIT: nevermind, I found it: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dacs-feature-comparison.26227/
  13. R

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Primary use case will be some old Polk R15 bookshelf speakers on my desktop (<1m away), 8ohm, 89dB sensitivity. However, I want to be able to drive something as inefficient as Polk LSi9 in the future, which are 4ohm, 88dB sensitivity, at >2m away. Basically, I know I don't need the power now...
  14. R

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Got it. Just to confirm, I am looking at a 42V 4A power supply, not 48V, but the fundamentals still apply. Higher voltage = more headroom (assuming sufficient current). Looking to stay away from 48V as some have reported significantly higher heat and the A07 not being properly designed to handle...
Top Bottom