Recent content by red_kk

1. red_kk

Streamer recommendation (not WiiM Pro)

I see. I have all my devices connected to the AVR which is like a central hub so this is not possible for me. Anyways WiiM pro seems like a much needed device for me and after fixing all the issues I’m very impressed by it and extremely happy with the performance.
  2. red_kk

How do you connect Apple TV4k to your DAC?
  3. red_kk

yes hence I’m focusing on Tidal now. Spotify can have a monopoly on streaming with their Spotify connect, vast music library and podcasts if they can only support HiRes and lossless music
  4. red_kk

It’s probably iTunes but they are calling/branding it as Apple Music when the app is displayed. There is no mention of iTunes at all
  5. red_kk

I think the solution to all of this is to purchase an iPad mini and use it as my music playing device. I’ll still keep the WiiM pro and use it either as an Airplay endpoint or use Tidal connect as I please. It’s time for the old Apple TV to go.
  6. red_kk

I used to play Apple Music on my phone and airplay the music out to the Apple TV. Now after your suggestion I tried opening the Apple Music App on the Apple TV but it is asking me to purchase content. I’m not able to use my Apple Music account
  7. red_kk

Yes that’s what I meant :) it works very well but just not as good as Spotify connect in terms of usability and connecting with several systems.
  8. red_kk

Yes Pure Direct. I connected the DAC outputs to CD in of the Denon and connected PreAmp out of the denon to my Amplifier. Clearly Denon either is not doing a good of preamp or it doesn’t like the voltage out coming of the DAC
  9. red_kk

Yes it’s an older Apple TV with optical cable. I tried running Apple Music on it this morning but couldn’t login to my account. I’m giving up at this point and sticking to WiiM with Tidal since it’s working so well. Apple Music is still my preferred choice due to the wide selection of music but...
  10. red_kk

There are no subs in my system. I researched a bit but I didn’t want to get into it before getting my 2 channel thing right.
  11. red_kk

I have a center Channel too which is connected to the AVR but the music is 2 channel stereo only.
  12. red_kk

Oh i see it’s clear now. Let me try it out. Thanks for the suggestion
  13. red_kk

After doing a few more experiments I figured the main issue was fixing the DAC output volume and using Denon AVR as my preamp. Once Denon is out of the picture it changed the game completely. It’s night and day. I tested it with my wife too several times A,B testing. I learnt a lesson to keep...
  14. red_kk

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I used to set my DAC to fixed mode and connect the DAC outputs to my Denon Receiver and use it as a preamp and connect its preamp out to the amplifier. I missed that one detail in my above post. So here is my connection chain. Basically i used Denon...
  15. red_kk

I guess you don't understand my problem. If I use Airplay my iPhone is continuously sending music to the Apple TV which is sending the same music to the DAC. So i'm not free to use my phone while listening to music. I can't make phone calls etc. With Tidal and Spotify the iPhone works like a...
Top Bottom