Recent content by ReaderZ

1. R

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Do you think equalizer apo is the best system wide EQ for windows or you would recommend something over it?
  2. R

Topping E30 DAC Review

Thanks, here in Canada it's $130 vs $200, leaning towards D10s now.
  3. R

Topping E30 DAC Review

Any reason to get E30 over D10s if I only need usb in? I wonder how does digital volume of the E30 vs windows volume and would that be a factor?
  4. R

Headphones and the Harman target curve

Totally agreed, it's not a bad thing and I can understand you need to use a target for review, but call it what it is.
  5. R

That is not true, absence of better alternative doesn't mean I have to use it or making it a scientific consensus. ASR may use it as there is no better option, and you need one for reviews. I can just go with my personal preference.
  6. R

And they have since updated their curve.
  7. R

Please link to JAES paper on the latest harman headphone curve.
  8. R

You can't claim "the science indicates that it does correlate with listener preferences" unless the paper is published by someone with no tie or funding from Harman and the paper has been peer reviewed. So far what I have seen is results published by Harman and it's not enough.
  9. R

DO ALL DACS SOUND THE SAME??

Not even level matched...
  10. R

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

I agree, was using HE6 as this thread's topic. Also on that, I don't get how some dedicated amps can be so bad on noise, I had some IEM with very high sensitivity like 110db or 120db or so, and I used them plug directly into ipad and old iphones, never had any noise issue. How do some amp cost...
  11. R

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

For something like HE6 power delivery is everything isn't it? I don't see how noise would be more important than THD though.
  12. R

Anyone find it far more rewarding listening to real physical CDs on a CD player, rather than using FLACs? And why do you find this?

Very true. Blu-ray is better than current mainstream streaming, the difference is very measurable and visible. Although the latter is catching up fast.
  13. R

Barefoot Footprint 01 Review (Studio Monitor)

3000 has to be for the pair right? I bought them new from authored Canadian seller for CAD $2100 each.
  14. R

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

What??!??!?!?? We have a headphone amp needs break in to reach max power?
  15. R

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

The issue is unlike Speaker's FR, where there is very little disagreement, Harman curve(which itself has many versions) is not universally agreed to be the best target, and IMO FR is the single most important part of headphones. Plus there are still things we can't measure, such as sound stage...
Top Bottom