Recent content by raz1969

1. R

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Couldn’t disagree more. dont buy based on price, buy what sounds best. I don’t think I have “golden ears” but gear does sound different. Equipment is “voiced” by EVERY manufacturer, choose what you like and move on. assuming everything sounds the same is folly. It’s not about measurements but...
  2. R

Why are you still buying expensive premium gears when cheap stuff does the same

Not everything is the same, personal preference is important. I know my Apple AirPo Pro’s are not the best earphones, but they are comfortable when I’m laying down and have noise canceling and I like those features. A lot of earbuds are not comfy when prone.
  3. R

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

No it’s real. But this is supposed to be fun, it’s a hobby not work, not going create a test protocol.
  4. R

I’m not reporting scientific results. But I am a scientist. I just love music and audio. Listen and enjoy, to each their own.
  5. R

I have that album! since lurking here I’ve been more skeptical but having brand new speakers the break in is pretty obvious. I get it tho, I don’t have data, blah blah blah. But with about 40h of play time the presence region is tamed a bit and I think the upper regions are a bit crisper. Never...
  6. R

speaker break in is real. living it now with a new pair of Perlisten s5t.
  7. R

Benchmark AHB2 and Perlisten R7T impedance question

i also have perlistens but the s5t. i dont think the highs are bright at all. i was worried about Be tweets and them being strident but that isnt the case at all.
  8. R

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

have no idea if this is truly accurate, but my dealer carries Revel and he said the rep said there were no upgrades in the works and the "be" series would be the upper tier line going forward. he also said the 228be and the 226be sounded better than the 328be. ive heard the Salon2 and think...
  9. R

TV Series Suggestion Please

The Bureau on Sundance Channel. best show ive watched in several years. and theres 5 good seasons.
  10. R

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

The Banquet Beer, and its yum.
  11. R

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

i cant speak for others but mine sounds great, dont regret buying it one bit. it bested an Ayre QX-5 Twenty easily. i get theres no convincing anyone here of something against the accepted dogma. but i also dont believe people work their whole lives to make fraudulent products, that would be an...
  12. R

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

i have an M-Scaler, love it. sounds great. theres not a lot of difference between the lower sample rates but you max it out with dual BNC and the improvements are not subtle. you won't take my word for it though. but, to all the doubters, GO LISTEN!
Top Bottom