Recent content by Raticosa

1. R

Triangle Borea BR03 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I bought a couple of these BR03 speakers three years ago (before reading any test here), at that time paid them 360 Euro (I live in Northern Italy), and I bought them in a shop where the (competent) dealer has a serious Hi-fi listening room with the possibility to switch them with other...
  2. R

Amplifier decision time for Triangle Borea 08

Hi musiknewbie, I own the Borea BR08 too, very happy of them, I think they are great "value-for-money" speakers, I use them for both Hi-Fi and HT setups (via a passive toggle switch I built by means of a very good - and expensive - "military-grade" switch APEM 12000X778), I drive them with a...
  3. R

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

Hahaha... another failure for Nordost... from a physical point of view, putting N conductors in parallel with a small gap between them and not twisting them makes the whole cable acting like a multiple loop antenna with N-1 loops, which can easily pickup the EMI environmental noise... same...
  4. R

Need help with Equalizer APO

Hello, Thanks for your reply but is not. I tried installing EAPO also on soundcard input (other than soundcard output) but the only effect is that it doubles the applied correction (that is correction is applied on both input and output path so if I need a peak filter cut 3 dB I see on REW it...
  5. R

Need help with Equalizer APO

Hi everyone, second post here, and beg your pardon in advance if this argument has already been discussed (but I found nothing about the solution I need)... I'm playing with Equalizer APO to implement a free DSP under Windows for room correction (just for test purposes) and I have the problem...
  6. R

Looking for an USB soundcard with S/PDIF in and out for DSP room correction et aa

Hello Michael, digging a bit into this forum I found a discussion where it states that Equalizer APO will not work with ASIO drivers, so looking at the MiniDSP products you mentioned seems they have only ASIO drivers for Windows :-( A pity, because they seem very consistent products.. Thanks...
  7. R

Looking for an USB soundcard with S/PDIF in and out for DSP room correction et aa

Hello Michael, hello staticV3, thank you both for fast reply, much appreciated! Looking at MiniDSP website seems the MCHStreamer kit would be the best choice as it has both optical TOSLINK and coaxial S/PDIF in/out capabilities (depending on the firmware you will load). Moreover it costs a bit...
  8. R

Hi everyone, I'm a new forum user (but I read it since a couple of years), I kindly beg your pardon in advance if I am posting an already discussed post and I ask your help because I'm looking for a decent (that is not extremely cheap but neither too expensive) external USB soundcard with...
Top Bottom