Recent content by Raikon_N

1. Raikon_N

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

Hi @lightrush , from your picture of your speaker-out connection. I noticed your color coding for the left speaker-out is not the same as mine. The red color of your left-speaker out is supposed to be the signal pin and not Ground is it? Or my connection is the one that is wrong.
  2. Raikon_N

Here's mine, the one I bought from eBay. And from what I understand, getting pictures from ICEpower site and taking some notes.
  3. Raikon_N

I think no need, I leave it always on and only noticed very slightly warm when touching the case. And my case top cover has vent holes so the heat is being exhausted properly.
  4. Raikon_N

I just recently received my ICEpower 125ASX2 from eBay(in a Ghentaudio case). The seller said it was the newer 125ASX2 module version. Looks like it, except the QC test markings are nowhere to be found on the PCB. First thing I noticed is, it does not produce any hiss unlike my previous...
  5. Raikon_N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I wish there is something like official firmware upgrade procedure on SU-9 like on the Sabaj D5. The USB tool kit needed is only $9 on Ali. Too bad nobody got a hold of the required files. Sending the unit overseas back-and-forth at our own expense is quite a bit disappointing. Lucky those who...
  6. Raikon_N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

So if I understand it correctly, the issue happens when using the unit in pre-amp mode? So fixed-volume mode should be normally ok? TIA I apologize if I misunderstood it. I reached out to the AliExpress store where I bought my SU-9, and they said I need to pay for the back and forth...
  7. Raikon_N

Thread dedicated to the Topping A50S

I skipped the IFI can signature from Drop and will just wait for A50s instead. I already have the Atom but would like to try other headphone amp with balance out this time around. So far, I have good experience with topping products. My D30 and MX3 has been excellent performers. Hoping for...
  8. Raikon_N

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Initially ATH-M40X only, been using it for some time already. Then last year, I suddenly got more interested in audio so I bought some headphone amps and HD599, HD6XX, & HE-4XX. And for some reason, I prefer HE-4XX among those HPs(in comfort and sound quality). Now, I am planning to get...
  9. Raikon_N

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

My permanent desk setup is Topping D30 DAC/Atom Amp combo. I received my Tempotec Sonata HD Pro a couple of days ago, mainly used for my smartphones. But I also tried it for few hours on my Acer Windows 10 laptop running Foobar2000(WASAPI push). Setup was HD Pro to Atom Amp, sounds as good as...
  10. Raikon_N

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Massdrop X Meze 99 for 160 USD. I have HE4XX, HD6XX, HD599, and ATH M40X. Will the meze 99 be different enough from what I already have? If it is, I might get it.
  11. Raikon_N

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Alright, sorry for the trouble guys. I have found the problem, and all your speculationsare correct, the source is the problem. I have equalizer APO installed since before and my PC is running 24/7 for few weeks now, and for some reason, the gain on eqAPO was set at 6dB below. I must have messed...
  12. Raikon_N

Thanks @solderdude , my Acer Windows PC is already at 100% and Youtube in Chrome is also already at 100%. My PC is connected to topping D30, then D30 to Atom amp. I am also quite surprised since before buying the Atom, I have read and watched many reviews that it has plenty of power for most...
  13. Raikon_N

Thank you @Veri , before purchasing the Atom, I actually talked to one store in AliExpress about SP200. They even gave me around 30 USD discount because I bought many audio gear from them before. The thing is, there seems to be many issues with SP200 like volume imbalance and not friendly with...
  14. Raikon_N

I got the Atom a couple of days ago and feels like the power isn't enough for my HE4XX. Like right now, I am listening/watching to youtube music videos and I'm already at the maximum volume at high gain(Youtube and windows volume are also already at 100%). My main media consumptions are...
  15. Raikon_N

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Hi guys , just got my Atom today(Yes, finally!) and I am currently trying this setup: Music from PC -> D30 -> MX3 -> Atom(from headphone out of MX3) That way, headphone is fixed with the Atom. And I can switch to my passive speaker through MX3. My question is, speaking with listening to my...
Top Bottom