Recent content by ragecandy

1. R

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

So in the end does this play well with the edition xs? they’re 18 ohms I think, wanna replace my liquid spark stack with this just cause I love the look of the dx3 and it’s on sale rn lol
  2. R

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

Sarcasm, my bad execution lol
  3. R

For myself I’d argue this is what I hear I mean a bunch of people have done the experiment, 650 are lower tilted headphones, period, even with worn pads, but yeh I’ll stop arguing, I guess 1% sinad makes more difference than 2-5db bass/treble boost (depending on pad condition)
  4. R

I find the 560s really overhyped tbh, they’re harsh enough I can’t listen to a lot of songs with them, also they have plastic headband so you can’t adjust clamp at all, they do have better soundstage though
  5. R

Maybe those 109db already did to you what 109db do to human ears
  6. R

Pretty sure the 6xx and the 650 are the same headphone, and absolutely sure the 650 and the 600 aren’t. Only reasonable explanation would be testing a 600 with insanely worn pads vs completely new pads 650, and the 650 would still be bassier. Even then It would be flawed methodology, so yeah…
  7. R

Have both 6xx and 600 on hand, they sound REALLY different, accidentaly blind tested me cause I was messing with swapping the drivers between both shells, can tell the difference 10 out of 10 times, I downright kinda dislike the 6xx cause they sound boomy and bloated in comparison while the 600...
  8. R

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

Mine refuses to work properly on my main windows 10 pc, works flawlessly on my phone and some 10 year old laptop(with win 10 too), kinda sad cause tbh it’d be all I’d need if it worked as well on my pc as on my android, runs both my 6xx and 400i 2020 as well as my liquid spark or an l30...
  9. R

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

no like, if I tap on it there's a faint metallic sound, not through the headphones, it's like a spring moving inside, it seems to work fine though
  10. R

So I just got my replacement, S/N 2012 arrived in 3 days with dhl, no taxes, awesome but now that I'm about to set it up I heard some rattle that apparently comes from my E30, does any yours do it? can I just open it and see if something is loose?
  11. R

So I just looked at Amir's review and it actually supports my claim that the fx dac x6 is less bright than the l30, since it has some roll off in the treble, I guess you really shouldn't hear a difference if the amp measures flat, but maybe it comes from the dac?
  12. R

Pretty sure he meant drums, not battery. And I kinda agree tbh, been using an fx dac x6 since this fiasco and suddenly I can use my hd560s without eq, cause the l30 sounds brighter and softer than all my other sources, might be distortion, idk, it just sounds different enough that i can tell...
  13. R

So in the end are the new units gonna be shipped directly from topping or the seller? my aliexpress seller asked me to send pictures of my l30 but I've heard no news in a while, don't know if just skipping them and contacting topping directly would help ensuring a replacement unit or what...
  14. R

Anyone bought from Angelears Audio store? don't know if all sellers are gonna handle it the same way, and I really don't wanna have to ship it back to China x.x
  15. R

Man this is so sad, finally a decent stack that I could buy without spending more on shipping and taxes than the actual thing, I’m #2007 batch so just keeping it seems like a no-go, got it in september in aliexpress so the only chance is for topping to come in and make it right now. Shipping it...
Top Bottom