Recent content by radimsky

1. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Happy to hear, share your thoughts after listen. Unfortunately mine went for a warranty trip. Jack in right earcup started to get wobbly(noticeble horizontal movement) and sound would cut off completely or partially. Wobbling around would help, but not for long.
  2. radimsky

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

Summer sale on morele.net. Polish store, had them in white for 80 and black ones for over 90 USD. Normally these start at 100 USD.
  3. radimsky

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

Just here to say I bought them in white. And guys, I bought them for 80 USD in white XD So yeah, in my case, when it comes to value for money, I'm more then satisfied. Also, I'm a total noob when it comes to monitors and this is my first pair after desktop speakers from Creative(Gigaworks T20...
  4. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Much appreciated! What a fountain of coherent info, no site was able to explain it clearer. As you sure are knowledgeable in this topic, could you also give some tips on DACs and AMPs? Are recommended Toppings good enough for my XS cans(hopefully for Senns also)?
  5. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Ok, got it, thanks again. For now I will wait for the recommended Toppings(L30 or L50 to have a headroom for more power hungry cans) to get a discount. Once that done I will consider checking out the balanced cables(if needed in the first place).
  6. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Man, I still need to learn a bunch then. So, just to be super duper clear, I have mentioned manually made cable made from CANARE STARQUAD L-4e5c, brazed with a silver-doped binder(I have no bloody idea what that means, this is what translator pooped out) braided in nylon soft with PAILLICS 4.4...
  7. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Thanks! But are they really balanced? I'm curious cause the price difference is staggering to say the least. Even other vendors on Ali are selling these for higher prices.
  8. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Great! It's a relief that my Zen Dac is not meant only for a landfill. I'll watch out for any special discount for these toppings. Whichever gets sliced in price first, will probably end on my desk. Thanks for the recommendation!
  9. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Cool! I was able to find L50 for 230 USD from local distributor, so warranty from seller it is. Monolith 887 is around 400 USD for me, that's a bit much, but I read some reviews and people are praising it. Topping L30 is the most accessible when it comes to price, but then I'm stuck without the...
  10. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Thanks for the responses! My quick summary below. Yeah, I don't have any problem with the cable itself. But if I don't get any improvement then I will wait for DAC/AMP upgrade first. Unfortunately Schiit is out of the question in EU, the prices are abysmal, Asgard 3 in EU costs around 100$...
  11. radimsky

Hifiman Edition XS

Hey Guys and Gals, My first post here, I've read most of this thread and it seems my head won't be bitten off if I ask couple of rookie questions. Edition XS is my first pair of "serious" cans, I'm driving them daily since I've bought them and I'm really impressed, the sound signature really...
Top Bottom