Recent content by racePigeon

1. racePigeon

WTB Marantz/Denon 9.2 receiver

Accessories4Less is a hit or miss. I bought 2 refurbished Marantz receivers and both had to be sent to Marantz for repair/exchange.
  2. racePigeon

Dirac sounds really bad - am I doing something wrong?

So did install the Dirac trial today and did the measurement in my finished basement (Highly dumped acoustically). This the analysis with the default target curve: I played a few known tracks with and without the filter, and have to say that there's not much difference. In some cases I...
  3. racePigeon

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I was going to buy a SHD, but in the end decided against it and instead got a mint Oppo Sonica DAC. Played some DSDs and got blown away. Really outstanding equipment that additionally has the trigger output which I needed. Got also a UMK-1 mic and plan to implement Dirac Live on a PC. Going to...
  4. racePigeon

Does A More Powerful Amplifier Make Speakers Sound Better?

Right. Tell that to a person that lives in an apartment...
  5. racePigeon

Minidsp SHD Studio as a preamp

Not happy with Dirac? or trying to compare it to other solutions?
  6. racePigeon

So So what about a passive preamp? You don't call it a preamp I guess..
  7. racePigeon

Is it worth upgrading or is it almost imperceptible?

Heard another owner of the Dx7 pro describing the sound as lifeless. I would suggest you try the RME ADI-2 DAC and see what happens.
  8. racePigeon

Hello, For those if you that own a SHD Studio and assuming you have a very good DAC, have you compared the sound of your system with the SHD, with Dirac off, before the DAC and without it? If so does the addition of the SHD to your system alter the sound in anyway? Any loss of smoothness in the...
  9. racePigeon

Was referring to how is the new SHD performing. No issues?
  10. racePigeon

So after having to hear all your story, have not heard mentioning anything from you about the SHD. So what's the situation now with the SHD?
  11. racePigeon

FS: MiniDSP SHD with Microphone

Look at the color of the USB HOST connector and report back
  12. racePigeon

FS: MiniDSP SHD with Microphone

What version of the hardware is it? (I know they did a change in the power supply, and only the latest version does have trigger output)
  13. racePigeon

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I posted this earlier but I think it was the wrong forum. May I suggest the Audioengine HDP6 (Passive)? This is an affordable speaker that got some good reviews.
  14. racePigeon

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Hi, I am new to the forum. May I suggest the Audioengine HDP6 (Passive)? This is an affordable speaker that got some good reviews.
Top Bottom