Recent content by R.Vic

1. R

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

I wish we could make this guy a correct blind test, so that he could not distinguish his favorite SMSL from a budget audio card, and not fool people's heads)))
  2. R

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

By the way, how much is 1V in decibels?
  3. R

For example -80 dB crosstalk is pretty bad, and under the right conditions the distortion it introduces can be heard. But only in comparison. Without comparison, of course, you will not hear anything terrible, but also the proper quality. There are plugins emulating crosstalk - you can experiment...
  4. R

It's just that I already encountered a similar problem with the Steinberg UR28m audio card, which also has a digital encoder, and when music is not playing I hear a little white noise from the monitors, as they are close. With the Teac 301 this noise didn't happen. Of course the Topping has a...
  5. R

I listen to all kinds of music, at low volume (about 60-65 dB spl). The room is acoustically designed and very quiet (the computer is in another room). Even considering the ESS article I have doubts about their digital downsampling, and I'll probably look for a DAC with analog volume control...
  6. R

Yes, but such devices severely damage the original DAC sound. For example your controller: CROSSTALK L/R- 1kHz >80dB THD & NOISE- unity gain 0dBu input 0,002% In that case, I'd rather output the sound directly from the audio card.
  7. R

Probably my monitors (quested vs2108) are very sensitive, because with their minimum volume (-18 dB) on the old DAC the volume was at 9 o'clock.
  8. R

Please tell me, who has active monitors, how many decibels do you lower the volume with the DAC encoder? I'm afraid that lowering will be too much and the dynamic range will suffer a lot. I used to have a teac-301 with the volume knob set to 9 o'clock... But it was analog.
  9. R

Please tell me, who has active monitors, how many decibels do you lower the volume with the DAC encoder? I'm afraid that lowering will be too much and the dynamic range will suffer a lot. I used to have a teac-301 with the volume knob set to 9 o'clock... But it was analog.
  10. R

Cables of different capacities.
  11. R

Does the E50 have this technology? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?attachments/esstech-digital-vs-analog-volume-control-pdf.260529/
  12. R

JTS MA-123 Attenuation -10dB ±1dB And this is not good - you can get mismatch of channels up to 2 dB.
  13. R

Yeah, the guy makes that distinction, like he's comparing different speakers.
  14. R

Where did these data come from?
  15. R

Does topping have a DAC with analog volume control?
Top Bottom