Recent content by purrify

1. purrify

Which purifi amp to get?

I went with the Apollon Purifi. Got mine recently and the build quality is top notch and I don't mind paying a slight premium for that. Many other reasonable choices like Nord, Audiophonics, Buckeye being discussed here too that covers various price points and feature sets. They are all very...
  2. purrify

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Denon just dropped 3700H back to $1199 [denon's website]. Are the new 3800H features worth the $500 difference? I like the addition of Dirac but that's additional. The more granular amp disconnect is also quite attractive because I'm planning to use the AVR to drive a 2 more speakers but the...
  3. purrify

AKM is DEAD!

It's sad but they are better off outsourcing these DAC to a foundry and focus on the design & IP. DAC ICs are not hard to make nowadays, it's not like they require the latest process to gain an advantage over other DACs. They shouldn't be worse off as long as they don't fall behind in design...
  4. purrify

McIntosh Class D

Module looks familiar (source)
  5. purrify

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

I'm interested in the 3ch. It came out among the top after researching many other builds for what I'm looking for my LCR powering a set of B&W floorstanding. It's down to the Buckeye and 1 other and I'd like to know if this unit is or will be UL listed/certified at some point?
Top Bottom