Recent content by Purplehazeffc

1. P

Yamaha NS-777 Crossover

Yep, that's the one. Cheers
  2. P

Yamaha NS-777 Crossover

Running a DSP makes the most sense, not in a $$ point of view. But yes you can change values quite easily for best results, As I already run a Helix DSP running a active 3 way in my car. With a 6'5" woofer, 3'5" mid & 1" tweeter with 450hz & 3000hz at 24db slopes. I know a little bit about...
  3. P

Apple Spacial Audio Questions

I'm in the same boat. Unable to do anymore that 5.1. On most albums it can make a huge difference, on others not so much. But 85%-90% of the time I prefer the Atmos version. The only thing I don't know is if it works if you haven't got an Atmos capable receiver. But for the cost of an Apple TV...
  4. P

Yamaha NS-777 Crossover

Cheers for all the replies. Much appreciated. I do have a Dayton UMM-6 microphone that I have been using for car stereo usage. So, I can do the speaker measurements, as I also (thou learning) use REW software. The main reason that got me thinking was watching a review of the Focal Aria 936's...
  5. P

Yamaha NS-777 Crossover

Hello All.. I would like to upgrade/change the crossovers in my Yamaha NS-777 tower speakers. With dual 8″ woofers, 5″ mid, 1′ tweeter. I find the crossover values could be improved. The current values are 1000hz – 4000hz which I find for 8″ woofer, 1000hz a bit to high. I played just through...
Top Bottom