Recent content by Puoskari

1. P

The Waxwing Thread

I just received mine and it's honestly amazing. I recently transferred from passive speakers to active, which caused me to ditch my old Mitsubishi amp in favor of smsl DO100 dac. The issue is: it had no analog input for my LP player! There's almost no economical way to get the player working...
  2. P

Home theater 7.2.4 setup suggestions please

Hi, just worth noting that with that budget you can get a pretty damn decent system from Genelec. We've used genelecs for home theater purposes (9.1.4) for a long time and making adjustments to the sound profile has been a breeze with the software tools they have available. Sadly their in-wall...
  3. P

Some home theater renovation blog

Hi there, Apparently the images from previous post broke for some reason, here they are again: one enclosure, painted: other enclosures: But I did have some other things to update as well! We started dampening the roof with the acoustics panels. The ceiling tiles are Ecophon Focus A T24...
  4. P

Hi there! Long time without an update, not a lot of interesting stuff has happened. We're in the process of building new stands for the seats as well as upgrading the ventilation system. The new lighting (sponsored by Ensto) is also almost finished and after that is done we can start installing...
  5. P

Hi there! I just wanted to share some images about our home/movie theater renovations. The last proper renovation was done 10 years ago so now that the theater is starting to fall apart we decided to do an extensive facelift. The theater is called Kinopoli, which is run by our fantastic student...
  6. P

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Hi I just skimmed throught the discussion and I was thinking that using RPi compute module as the brain would be quite clean solution. It would be easily replaceable and compact. Only issue is that it's not as prototyping friendly. EDIT: here's my simplified framework. I find that at the moment...
  7. P

Custom active crossover

Good point. The reason is that the power supply is designed as an afterthought as always :D. This should indeed be changed. This is the reason why I made the post. I would have never noticed this obvious design mistake... The electrolytics were used since jlcpcb had them in stock in the right...
  8. P

Custom active crossover

Hi there! I just wanted to share the crossover I designed for the Protones. The design specifications were created by simulating in vituixcad and the component values were calculated as described at linkwitzlab.com The response was measured using picoscope's FRA tool. The vituixcad...
  9. P

Aboslute best CHEAP DIY speaker

The crossover circuit will be handling all the "signal processing". There's a few notch filters in there in conjuction with the LR4 low- and LR2 highpasses to smoothen everything out. For the circuit diagram I recommend checking out the repo and cloning the kicad files.
  10. P

Aboslute best CHEAP DIY speaker

Hi! Nice to see discussion about our stuff here! (I'm the vp of Audiopoli, in charge of the project wiki) The speakers will never be 100€ and I have no clue where that idea came from but for now the max price will be 700€/pair, so 350€/speaker. The BOM would be roughly (for 50pcs.): MDF...
Top Bottom