Recent content by pogo

1. pogo

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Even Dirac does not turn an SVS sub into an 'precise' Arendal, Neumann, B&W, ...sub. That would be nice ;)
  2. pogo

It should be clear which one sounds better/precise and is more suitable for co-optimisation in a room.
  3. pogo

There will certainly be an improvement, but an optimum will sound different. Then it's better to do without new additional subs and replace the existing subs with ones that play precisely. But even a booming, imprecise reproduction can be pleasing.
  4. pogo

ART expects a system that plays as precisely as possible. The swing-out behaviour of the SVSs is counterproductive, regardless of whether the sub outputs a correction signal or the regular channel signal.
  5. pogo

When I look at the step response of SVS subs, I think they are less suitable for ART: Link
  6. pogo

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

No. Dirac Live and BluOS only run on a PCM basis anyway.
  7. pogo

How does the result at a single seat compare if you only use two JBL speakers under ART for stereo, i.e. if you use a pure stereo setup?
  8. pogo

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

The USB module does not help with the playback of an SACD.
  9. pogo

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

I can guarantee you that my passive sub is noticeable on the M33 ;) You can now hear your speakers unaltered.
  10. pogo

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

The Oppo manual describes why this does not work. You can only send DSD to PCM converted signals to the M33 via the HDMI output. Have you installed an HDM-2 or are you using the HDMI ARC on the TV? What is the problem with the remote?
  11. pogo

T+A A200 (purifi) with switchable DF: 'A high damping factor tends to produce a more clearly defined, very precise and analytical sound image, whereas a reduced damping factor produces a more warm and softer sound image.' <- extract from the manual
  12. pogo

Not really, see also here: Link The T+A purifi amp has a DF switch DF HI = 800, DF LO = 70 ;)
  13. pogo

Onkyos in bridge-mode: DF = 65 @8ohms NAD: DF > 800 @8ohms
  14. pogo

This is normal behavior, as the NAD has more control over the bass range.
Top Bottom