Recent content by Poganin

1. P

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I don't think so. It's just a good idea for them to have surge protection. In my case I have the two power strips plugged into two sockets of one outlet.
  2. P

In my case I eliminated USB ground loop hum and interference by changing the power strips my devices are connected to, so in my case the PC, monitor, router, and external hard drive are connected to power strip A, while the DAC and amps are connected to another power strip. No interference.
  3. P

Alright, after some more testing it looks like the issue is not in the A90 but in my AFO because switching the cable between left and right cup kept the balance shifted to the right, and connecting the AFO to my Shanling M6 DAP displays the same behaviour.
  4. P

Has anyone here heard of or experienced intermittently shifting balance in the A90? I got a second-hand A90 and I don't mind that the thing still plays music with the volume pot turned all the way down, but the balance in this thing is all over the place, constantly shifting to the right slowly...
  5. P

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Yes, A90 is on my short list.
  6. P

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

My X16 is here! :) With some initial hassle with the drivers magically disappearing from their place of installation after the required reboot it's now working great. Slight sound improvement over Aune S6 (not as scratchy/grainy). I now need to decide what solid-state amp to pair it with.
  7. P

Gustard H16 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Does it really come without a power cable? I find that difficult to believe.
  8. P

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Headphones: ATH-AD700 (semi-retired) K712 Pro (retired) Takstar Pro 82 (retired) Audeze LCD-3 (need to sell, too heavy for me) Aeon Flow Open ZMF Auteur ...and too many IEMs: 1more Triple Driver, Westone UM-1, Blon BL-03, Tin HiFi P1 (retired, for sale), Moondrop Starfield, LZ A6 (retired, for...
  9. P

I'm worried that without an output selector on the X16 it could be somehow detrimental to have the signal output from both the XLR and the RCA at the same time, even if one of the loads is currently switched off. Or is that nothing to worry about?
  10. P

So if I were to go PC -> USB -> X16 -> XLR -> H16 -> RCA pre-out -> Feliks Audio Echo and use either the H16 or the Echo for listening purposes I wouldn't fry anything? Sorry if this is a noobish question but I'm not really well-versed in the technical side of it. I'm considering upgrading to...
Top Bottom