Recent content by Pippo

1. P

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

Something on nCore based, maybe NAD C399 :) Or just listen to the A300 and it might sound sounds acceptable. How about 2xA300 units in BTL mode? New upgraded version in same price range is Loxije A40.
  2. P

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

@Hapo Loxije A30 is all-in-one device, but others power amplifiers. I don't find where you talk about input for this devices. I use SMSL C200 and A300 is powerful for me. Pumping up Elac's dbr62 and floor speakers with 10" bass
  3. P

Directly from Aoshida Audio home page. Oh, You frenchman, look at audiophonics.
  4. P

Depends of the speakers, on the sensitivity. I'm inspired by this topic https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/class-d-amp-recomendation-for-elac-dbr62-under-300.28380/, because, at first, I purchase Elac DBR62. @Toku explains both, AO200 seems to be better, but weaker
  5. P

For normal listening (15-25/60) my A300 uses 5-8watts, peak maybe ~12. Early mentioned and measured this morning 40/60 level, powermeter showed 52watts peak. From 25/60 volume and up, power usage increases and go up quiet fast. I'm very satisfied, because my class AB uses ~35watts only switched...
  6. P

Something go wrong with @almosely amp. Source - trance, flat settings, room 28 m2, foobar 100%, C200 -98%, roof is moving at 2/3 of A300 volume :)
  7. P

class D Amp recomendation for ELAC DBR62, under 300$

I drive DBR's with SMSL A300. After month of use, I am completely satisfied. If somebody for short, 400$ costs 2xA300 and much more power in BTL mode.
  8. P

MA12070 - 2xBTL realised on chip, single voltage power supply = less power, less noise MA5532 - 2 shannel stereo amp, BTL realise with 2 devices, dual voltage power supply (better ??) as class AB amp = more power, i think same noise, because comfortable use with less wolume Which chip is...
  9. P

That screw is most likely meant to ground the inter-unit audio cable. My Inakustik cable has a screen for just that. It doesn't seem plausible that household appliances would need to be grounded against AC shock. But, who knows. I haven't done any measurements yet because I can't hear any...
  10. P

Maybe my ears are lying, but I use the same setup as with class AB amp (EQ slightly V form) because most often I use only 25-35% of the volume. More power realize good bass at low volume. It's all subjective. An amplifier is not too expensive, try it.
  11. P

Wrong, A30 has MA12070. About MA5332 you can find in web resources, DIY amp boards, etc.
  12. P

Then you have to wait for all-in-one Loxije Ax0 with MA5332 to appear. Even Chinese manufacturers don't shoot themselves in the foot by offering a full-fledged BT in a power amplifier. A300 nice amp, even my old speakers really shine with him.
  13. P

On the previous page I wrote how much it consumes. I took new measurements after everything was plugged in and used for a week. It consumes 2.1-2.3 watts (avg. 2.2W) with power OFF, avg. 5.1W with power ON. Foobar 0dB, DAC 99, A300 - 25 - it uses 5.2-5.5 watts.
  14. P

My temporary placement is NEC 27" between A300 and C200. All is noise free and good. About power consumption of A300. When switch from backside is on and front power button is off, the unit consumes 2.1 watts. Somwhere around the net in specs wrote less than 0.5 watts. Playing music - 5-5.5...
  15. P

What about Qualcomm aptX HD's status?

I have SMSL C200/A300 combo. A300 bt is turned off because the chip don't support Aptx HD. However, the C200 supports it. Automatically offers aptX HD when pairing. Maybe one day on the A300 at a summer party will be turned on :)
Top Bottom