Recent content by piotrkundu

1. piotrkundu

High End Amplifier from Elektor with perfect measurements “Fortissimo 100”

I have had my ass handed to me few times by ”seniors” and it’s (hard) learning experience. I ask if he/she is right OR can I learn and improve. Most times I’ve learned and improved and retrospect realized that I was doing pretty good in the first place. Sometimes I gained their respect and we...
  2. piotrkundu

There more I read the more confused I get and I get as much out of it as reading multiple recipe books more than once. I much rather watch people cook and explain why and how they are treating the ingredients and then try it myself. 1. Audio Power Amplifier by Douglas Self is really good intro...
  3. piotrkundu

Read them all more then once, doesn’t seem to help. Anyone else that can explain?
  4. piotrkundu

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

The standalone parts are going to be around $250 for the PS and $350 for Nilai500 and they are going to release this month (Jan 2023) https://www.diyclassd.com/nieuws/
  5. piotrkundu

With the recommended SMPS its another 150 and then encolsure around 200-300 it’s close to €900
  6. piotrkundu

I'm trying my best to understand the schematics with basic EE skills and asksome questions. 1. The shunt compensation is R43 and C12 to ground. Do you think it will oscilate? 2. Do LM334 act as buffer? 3. Servoloop? So the entire first stage is regulated based on the output and global NFB ...
  7. piotrkundu

Trimodal (Blameless) is on my list https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/power-amplifier.29869/ And so is BC-1 (by Bob Cordell) and I'm actually waiting for newPCB's. Dartzeel Clones (NHB-108).
  8. piotrkundu

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Looks like the bottom of my fridge - what is this thing?
  9. piotrkundu

Michael Fremer Leaving Stereophile?

Don't trust the trade press is what I'm hearing - there is definitely a conflict of selling ads and writing reviews - but somehow this guy seems to hear stuff others don't and then they go at each other. I would say it's a modest home with lot of expensive gear and some serious hoarding...
  10. piotrkundu

Btw, this new AARO sounds like X-files - maybe audiophilia should be their first case. I'm not going vinyl anytime soon, but distortion could be a good thing - guitar players seem buy a whole lot of gear to get more distortion. To much detail could be a bad thing if the details bring noise or...
  11. piotrkundu

Power Amplifier

He hasn't replied to my order email, let's hope he does this time. Jlcpcb has a minimum order of 5pcs, you wouldn't have any spares by chance?
  12. piotrkundu

It's sad that this hobby resorts to public name calling. Having degrees and being a college professor doesn't triumph a real job outside of academia. Most people have in theories fail in practice. Peter believes that digital gives higher resolution, which it probably does or in theory should...
  13. piotrkundu

Different Binding Posts - is it audible?

Maybe late to the party, but isn't signal travelling on the outside of the conductor/cable and power(current) travels inside the conductor. I think "a lot of metal" in the signal path is also mentioned as bad (what's mentioned as "high mass connection" at 8:55 in the video). Pretty sure XLR...
  14. piotrkundu

Power Amplifier

@horias2000 I'm having a hard time sourcing the PCB. Did you just email again, see if I get a responce.
Top Bottom