Recent content by pionmw

1. P

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

My HW setup is fine, you do not know what you are talking. The only setup which could be "faulty" is the player. Did you reproduce these results from 0db(kr) also with Poweramp, Hiby or Neutron? Care to give here the setup parameters? I'd be happy to learn. Else, these guys tell they use their...
  2. P

LG V40 came. Proper connectors came. LGs 3.5mm output stops at 24kHz something (no what matter setting, source format and player!) and has aliasing above 20Khz. Noise is at -91dBu when music paused. (reference instrument Measurement floor noise -117dBu) Sonata HD Pro, 250 bucks cheaper than V40...
  3. P

A bit about your host....

Scientists, engineers, researchers, developers... S are those who work to discover new methods and models. Then they define the abstract requirements to encapsulate the new model into a new method. Almost any (reasonably good) S will understand the E language & limits & value. It has to. E are...
  4. P

I plan to build again the measurement setup with my LGV40 when it comes, and remeasure. The noise floor can potentially improve on battery. I will also be able to directly compare the V40 output to Sonata output. I am also waiting for the proper adapters. Amir: what was the output loading in...
  5. P

I did. This puzzles me. My scope is 16bit, which probably explains the measurement noise floor of ca. -90dBu. The problem is, that I see in my measurements the output of Sonata having noise floor at around or less than -85dBu. Is this wrong to conclude that this noise floor belongs to analog...
  6. P

Hi Amir, I have measured mine and I can confirm many results you obtained. Especially considering the IMD, Sonata seems to be very clean. But, regarding the noise floor of Sonata HD Pro I have questions. My instrument alone has -130dBu (ca -132dBV) noise floor. The setup (very ad-hoc, not...
Top Bottom