Recent content by Pio

1. P

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I love independant testing like you do here @amirm and what Erin does for his site, etc. Many years ago - maybe 2003 or so, a car magazine (Car and Driver?) dyno tested a Ford Cobra - they determined that the car was nowhere near at the horsepower Ford was claiming. Because of this...
  2. P

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

Back in 2017 or 18, both of my 708’s had amp issues about a year apart. The amps were replaced and both have been perfect. In 2019 or so, I bought a pair of 705P’s (one was tested my Amir for this site), zero amp issues. My 708’s run 6- 8 hours a day at home as my son uses them every single...
  3. P

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

Agree, the 7 series doesn't look or feel cheap. The advantage that the 7 series has over cone / dome monitors is dynamic punch and lack of dynamic compression. My 705Ps play considerably louder than my Geny 1031's which have an 8" woofer. (granted the Genys are 90's tech, but they're still...
  4. P

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

Same here, use the 705Ps at work and have the 708Ps at home in a small set up.. absolutely love the 7 series..
  5. P

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Play a song in mono or a voice recording, if the sound is not center, something isn’t right.
  6. P

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

Not my standard set up, but I have used this DX7 Pro to drive the 420s and the JBL 708Ps. Works fine, just limited with inputs.
  7. P

If it’s a DAC w/ a volume control, then yes. I would also suggest getting a topping DAC with XLR outputs. XLR out from DAC to the 420’s.
  8. P

Thats my set up as well, except I switched the spikes for wheels.
  9. P

It's amazing how deep the 810 is... to me, looks beautiful!!
  10. P

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

it's insane how loud artists like to listen, but mostly its all the touring SPL levels of the shows night after night. Same goes for DJs / mixers- most have hearing damage from crazy club SPLs night after night.
  11. P

I owned 3 series of B&W 802's... trust me, they aren't missing much.. LOL
  12. P

Great info, Thanks so much. Gives me some time to save up, I absolutely love the 420's. Cheers!
  13. P

Wait!! What??? Know for sure?
  14. P

M&K S-150THX Speaker Review

So nice to know M&K did it right back then.
Top Bottom